nineteen

“I’ll wait a few minutes after you get out, okay?” Sam asked as she parked her car in the campus parking lot.

I’d never seen that side of the building because it was for professors only, so it felt weird to be there.

“Yeah. Thanks for the ride” I said, unbuckling my belt.

“Oh, no problem” she shrugged.

“Have a nice morning” I said as I gave her a quick kiss. 

“You too” she smiled, letting go of my hand. “See you in class”

“See you later” I opened the car door, checking if anyone was nearby.

I waited for an old looking lady to enter the building she was approaching to give one final glance to Sam, who was visibly containing laughter, and head out.

I somehow managed to find my usual classroom in a decent amount of time. My class started in an hour, but I was hoping that no one would be in it so I could just sit there and revise some notes.

Judging by the large group of people looking at me with a confused expression as I opened the room’s door I might have been wrong. I embarrassingly closed it and meditated about what to do.

I texted Sam in hope for suggestions. 

you: just interrupted a lesson in the room. my lesson is in in an hour :|

sam<3: You can keep me company in my office for a while if you want

That didn’t seem such a bad idea, instead of spending too much money in the unnecessarily expensive campus cafè. Plus, the office was nearer to where I was.

As I arrived in the corridor where all the other offices were, I was pleased to see I wasn’t the only student looking for professors. Probably for reasons different than mine. But still, I felt less out of place.

I knocked on Sam’s door as she opened it in a strangely short amount of time.

“Long time no see” she said, moving to the side to allow me in.

“Yeah” I laughed. “That was embarrassing of me”

“It happens to more people than you think” she said as she closed the door behind her.

“Did I interrupt you while doing anything important?” I asked, looking around.

I’d only been in that room once before but I hadn’t paid much attention to the details. Sam’s degree and doctorate were framed on the wall behind the desk, and I recognized that some books in the nearest bookshelves were the same as the ones that were always resting on her bed table.

“No, I pretty much don’t have stuff to do for another hour too” she walked towards me. “You like this place?”

“Looks pretty comfy” I said, turning around so that the wooden desk was in contact with my back.

“Yeah, I like it here. I can concentrate better than at home” 

“Because you know I’m there?” I snickered, jokingly raising an eyebrow.

“I’d say partly…” she grabbed my waist. I couldn't figure out if she was wearing higher heels than usual or just looked taller from that perspective.

“Should I feel guilty then?” I pouted.

“Not at all” she grinned, pressing her lips on mine. 

Before I knew it she’d lifted me by the waist so I was sitting on the desk. I was hoping no important document was being creased because of me being on top of it.