5. The Monster

"So... do you have a new plan to escape this place?" Kate asked, standing next to me now. We were at the harvest festival I hate festivals. But I have to be here. Attendance is mandatory. I mostly came here for Kate anyways.

"I do have a plan. But I feel like you might miss me if I leave you alone. I don't want you to die yet. I might need you around." I answer flatly.

"Aww, Wens~" She smiled and held her hand on her chest. "Come on now! Let's go play~" I roll my eyes at her Childish behavior.

It's quite interesting how her personality changed quickly since the first time I met her. She was cold and distant. Now she seems clingy and happy. I've only seen her act like this around me and Enid tho. It's making me nauseous...but in a good way, for some reason.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to some random games. We stopped in front of a dart game, where you had to pop balloons in order to win a panda plushie. Seems stupid and childish.

"Hey Wens...I need to talk to Enid real quick, ok?" Kate said softly while pointing to the place Enid was.

I nod my head and turn my attention back to the game. Wouldn't hurt to test my skills, right?

I grab the darts and starts to pop all the balloons effortlessly. Well that was easy.

The worker looked at me amazed and handed me a huge panda plushie. What the hell am I supposed to do with this now?

I look around trying to find Kate. She was talking to Enid, when I noticed Tyler walking towards her. What is he even doing here? He was holding a small teddy bear. I roll my eyes and grab the big panda, walking to where Kate was.

"H-hey Kate! I-...uh I won this for you." Tyler smiled and showed her the teddy bear.

Kate smiles awkwardly. "Oh...Tyler...that's really- sweet. You really shouldn't have-"

I cut her off. "Kate. I got you this." She turned to face me and her smile grew wider.

"Aww, Wednesday!~ It's so cute, thank you so much!" She grabbed the panda and hugged it tightly, burying her face in its fluffy fur.