Chapter Three: Friend Or Woe 1.The Nightshades

~Let’s assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I’m going to live or die. It’s definitely my kind of party…~

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Said a mysterious distorted voice.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Bianca quickly took off her mask, turning on the lights. She cleary is annoyed that her little cover didn't work with me.

"Wait I preferred you with it on." I said amused. She rolls her eyes at me.

"How did you get down here." Xavier said chiming in.

"Rowen showed me." I said looking him up and down, annoyed. "Left pocket. I tracked the watermark to the
poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." I said as Xavier took the drawing to inspect it.

"Wait there's a riddle I thought we just snapped twice." The siren boy said confused.

"Well aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" I roll my eyes.

"The nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite."

"We have roof parties, carports the
occasional midnight skinny dip."

"And Yoko is an amateur mixologist. She makes a killer vigin mojito.
It can get pretty wild." Bianca said proudly.

"Wow do you guys even have
a bedtime? Last I heard the nightshade have been disbanded"

"Yeah, the group kinda lost its charter for 30 years ago after some normie kid died. But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way and long as nobody makes any waves well be fine."

"Like Rowan?" I ask.

"We booted that loser last year. Question is, what are we gonna do with her?
Only members are allowed in this library." Bianca looks at her friends. I look behind her and see two glowing red eyes, staring at me. Whatever that is...it's small...like a cat. Of course she's here.

" I say we invite her to pledge. She is a legacy." Xavier says, pointing towards the picture with my mother and father. Hell no.

"After the crap she pulled at the Poe Cup?? There's no way in hell. No way now we talk about not making waves, she's a tsunami."

"Just because I beat you at your own
game? Let me save you the trouble...I'm not interested in joining."

"You're seriously turning us down?"

"Can you believe it?"

"Untie her."

" I freed myself 5 minutes ago."

As I went to leave, I grabbed the drawing from Xavier and walked towards the staircase, but the siren boy stood in front of me. "Do you want a matching black eye?" I said in a
serious manner, shoving the rope in his chest.

Before I left, I turned to look at them as the cat walked out of the shadows, following me. "Its amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name."

I turned around, picked up the cat and left. Once I reached my dorm, I put everything away and place the cat on my bed.

"So??" I ask.

The cat turns back to its normal human form and I see Kate holding a purple book. The purple book I needed. I sigh in relief and try to reach the book, but she moves her hand away.

"Am I not getting a Thank You kiss?" She smiled, holding the book behind her.

I groan annoyed and lean forward, kissing her. She smiled into the kiss, making me smile a bit too. I almost forgot what I wanted to do and what I needed. Almost. We both pull away and she hands me the book.

Let's see.

🕸🖤

~There are so many threads to my investigation I could with a burial shroud still have no idea how Rowan mysteriously Rose from the monster probably in the woods right now nothing intrigues me more than this book. If I'm going to be responsible for nevermore's demise, the question is, why am I
sharing this apocalypse with a pilgrim?

"All students are to report to their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp followed by Community lunch
at 1:00. As you know this years outreach that culminates in a very special event the dedication of a new memorial statue in the Town Square which will also include performances by Nevermore
As representatives of out school, I trust you will all put forth your best efforts."

Oh, just you wait.