The Birthday

A/N above is her outfit for the day

After showing us the museum we stood in front of it and got a photo taken for the opening. We were all handing out flyers when I saw someone I recognized. I turned to dad. "Hey dad. I'll be right back."

"Ok don't go too far."

"I won't." I said while walking away. I head in the direction of where he was and can't see him. Suddenly a pair of arms wraps around my waist and spins me around. After I'm put down I turn around. "Alex!" I give him a hug.

"What're you doing out here Lia?" He asked.

"You know the big red building around the corner?"

"Yes. I think. Maybe. No wait, yes yes I do."

"My dad bought it." Alex gives me a shocked look. "He turned it into a wax museum. So we're out here handing out flyers."

"Well let's go then I wanna check it out." I smile happily then grab his hand and lead him to it. When we get there I see dad walking up to O' Malley.

"How many tickets?" Dad asks.

"Three" O' Malley says.

"Four." Alex says walking to O' Malley and placing a coin down.

"Four." Dad says turning to his right and sees mom holding up the tickets with Helen and Care standing in front of her.

"Hey dad, is it ok if I spend some time with Alex?"

"Yeah that's fine." I smile and walk to Alex who jokingly holds out his arm for me to take. I loop my arm with his and we walk down the street talking. We head to a park and sit under a tree.

"Hey so my birthday is coming up and mom is hosting a big party for me. It would mean a lot to me if you came."

"Are you kidding Alex? I wouldn't miss it for the world." He looks at me with a big smile. "When is it?"

"Um. Tomorrow." He says sheepishly.

"WHAT! I haven't got time to plan my outfit. What if my dress isn't fancy enough. Isn't your birthday in three days thou..."

Alex puts a hand on my mouth to stop my rambling. "You don't have to worry about the outfit. My mom has one she wants you to wear. And I'm not going to be here for my birthday."

"What? Where are you going?"

"I'm going to London, remember. My mom is taking me as a birthday present."

"For how long?"

"One week." I have a slight frown on my face. "You could come with me, mom would be happy to have you."

"No I couldn't my mom and dad need me here." He looks like he wants to say something further but doesn't. "Come on. Let's go back to my place. Mom's probably saved you a spot." We walk home and it slowly gets dark. When we get there before we get in the building he unloops his arm from mine and opens the door for me. I walk in expecting him to follow me but he doesn't. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I have to go home. I won't be able to stay for dinner today. I'll come get you tomorrow." I nod and hug him goodbye before going upstairs. When I get inside mom tells me to sit and that food is almost done.

"So..." mom begins. "That Alex kid. He's nice."

"Yes, he is." I answer quickly

"Are you two together?" Mom asks.

"What? No. Why would you think that?"

"He was looking at you with heart eyes." Caroline buts in.

"Yeah, anytime you weren't looking he looked at you like you look at us." Helen says.