Meeting Jenny Lind

A/N I'm not sure how long it took to Buckingham Palace so we're gonna pretend they could get there overnight.

Liana's POV

When we got to Buckingham Palace we all had changed into our outfits. Dad said I didn't have to but I wasn't going to watch my friends walk in there with costumes on while I walk in, in a nice dress. As we were being led in I heard Alex ask dad "Why aren't we in tails?

"We're the entertainment." Dad responded.

"Don't see you in a costume." Lettie said.

We stopped at an opening in the wall. "Your majesty, Mr. Phineas T. Barnum and his oddities from America!" The man that led us here said and stepped to the side as we walked all the way down to where we were about 10 feet away from the Queen.

"Your majesty. May I present Mr. Barnum." Phillip said gesturing to my father.

"The honor is mine, Mr. Barnum." My dad bows his head respectfully. "And I've heard all about your little colonel from my friends in America." The Queen said.

"General, ma'am." Tom said, stepping out from behind Alex, who was next to me behind Phillip.

"You're even smaller than I imagined." She said, looking down at him.

"Well you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart." Tom said and gasps came from around the room as I looked at him in disbelief. When the Queen started laughing everyone else started laughing as well I slowly forced out a chuckle. After that we all went and stood in a corner, me and Anne were trying to slightly cover ourselves more feeling a little exposed. I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up seeing Phillip staring at me with a somber expression and Alex right next to him staring at Anne with the same face.

"Phillip." My dad called.

"Miss Jenny Lind." The announcer announced as a woman with red hair and a beautiful white dress walked in.

"She is luminous." A woman said as Jenny continued down the aisle.

"Who's that?" Dad asked.

"The opera singer?" Alex asked.

"Singer, huh?"

"She's the most famous performer in all of Europe." Phillip began.

"She's sold out La Scalia a dozen times." Alex continued.

"Not to mention the French Opera." Phillip finished as Jenny made it to the front and curtsied to the Queen.

"Ah." Dad said and began walking away with Phillip and Alex. I turned to Anne and gave her a sad smile seeing she was looking at Alex.

"Anne? You ok?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She replied and looked at me with a smirk.

"What?" I said confused. "Do I have something on my face?"