Chapter 6: Finders keepers

My eyes widened as there was a fancy looking duffel bag inside the crate.

It looked like it was from Earth, it was well crafted judging by the sowing and the zippers. The bag looked new and clean, there was not one speck of dirt. It had a hand strap and a shoulder strap good for traveling.

Zipping the bag open there I saw the goods, there were a couple of books, a pouch full of writing utensils like pens, and pencils. An empty round leather canteen with a shoulder strap, a radio that was filled with musical songs, and an oddly dangerous iron dagger that had a black scabbard.

I heard rustling sounds in the bushes behind me, I took the dagger tying it to my blue sun dress ready for what's coming my way. Unexpectedly, I saw a plump woman that had short black hair, dark blue eyes, and brown tan skin. She was wearing a cheetah fur tube top with a short skirt that lengthens to her thigh.

I was so happy that I got to meet another person who is a girl! I put the duffel bag over my shoulder and ran up to greet her.

" Hello, my name is Maxine! " I cheerfully said, raising my hand to her.

I was so happy to meet her, maybe we could become friends and have sleepovers from time to time! I wonder what color she likes? Where does she live? Does she have other friends? I had so many questions for her.

But my excitement soon fell apart as she looked at me with a snobby look in disgust. Like she was dissatisfied by my presence.

"Hmph!" the female said, hovering over me

Right then and there, I knew that she was one of those snobby chicks I used to work with during my shifts. I hated those kinds of people, they're asses were too far up the sky, always making other people do their dirty work for them while they lay around enjoying their own thing.

I looked at the girl who was in front of me, she had both her hands on her hip with a puffed up chest. She glared at me for some odd reason.

"Why the fuck is she glaring at me?! I only wanted to greet her, was that offensive?" I thought

" Hey you! I want that!" the female shouted pointing to the duffel bag I was carrying around my shoulders

" Give it here! NOW" The female shouted

"No" I sternly replied

"What did you say! Just wait, you're going to get what you deserve!" The female responded

To be honest, I'm not really that afraid of her. She can call for backup if she wants to. Now I know she is one of those snobby chicks. But one thing for sure is that I'm not going to give her this bag! I found it first so finders keepers!

I saw the girl yelling out loud calling random names, I suppose it's her males. I remember that there are more males than females. Females were labeled as a treasure since there were few of them that survived till adulthood.

Females had a bigger advantage than males, by choosing how many males they wanted. They get to use them to their liking. Whether it was for protection, service, or status, females needed males to survive.

Personally, I believe that females needing a male in order to survive is bull crap. I am an independent woman! I can do certain things on my own without needing assistance. To me, it felt like a burden relying on a male to always do things for me. Yes there is Sebastian who lives and provides for me but I can do stuff on my own without his help.

I am grateful for his support and contribution he made just for me. Without him I wouldn't be able to survive the beast world on my own. I want to help out even just a little instead of laying in the sidelines waiting for things to be given. I just want to also contribute back in my own way.