Chapter 52: Villain revealed

Maxine POV

The next day, I woke up all alone. The breezy wind that swayed in the air made the curtains fly. While green plants outside rustled. It was total peace and quiet there were no meows from my cubs or purrs in the air.

"Where is my family?" was what I instantly thought of.

I got up from bed and made my way out of my bedroom. Despite running in the palace halls still dressed in my pj's it didn't matter to me. Everyday when waking up I alway wake up to see my cute cubs and mates.

But where are they?! Searching the long palace halls it was completely empty. There were no leopard guards anywhere at sight. It was strange.

The quiet atmosphere felt chilling to my bones. I didn't know why but the sounds of it being quiet made me panic. Every step I took down the hallway my heart beated faster. With every step my walking increased, soon making me run. As I search in panic for anyone present. I got downstairs to the first floor and I finally saw someone.

"Hey! Where is everyone" I yelled in the distance.

I saw a tiger beastmen in the distance. The tiger beastmen had black hair wearing a green and black outfit.

He had his body faced away from me only looking at something behind the flower bushes. When I took a step closer to him. I heard a hostile growl that I knew came from him.

I tilted my head in confusion thinking "What the hell is wrong?"

When thinking in my head, I looked back at him and didn't notice the tiger beastman shifting into his tiger form. The moment he transformed he came rushing towards me. I looked closely and I saw that the tiger had blood. What I knew was that it wasn't his since there were no injuries. So he must've killed something recently!

Seeing his black eyes glaring right at me I knew this kitty was up to no good! His eyes were filled with hatred while his body tensed up. I waited standing still and when he was in a close distance.

Using one hand I casted a spell striking this bad kitty down. A pink shiny aura surrounded me as the palm of my hand glowed.

*BANG*

Soon a massive pink sparkly beam blasted out of my hands. On to the bad kitty striking right under his belly. The tiger beastmen that was about to attack me came flying up in the sky crashing on to the stone wall in the far distance.

I cheered for winning that fight. I continued walking down the halls before warning the tiger to leave. Not before long I sighed as I kept encountering many tiger beastmen coming my way. When those ferocious felines came looking for a fight. I accepted their challenge as they only ended up being blasted inside the palace walls.

"Why the hell are tiger's coming to fight me?! I only want to find my family!" I thought.

When I was walking I had my eyes in complete alert to my surroundings. My heart thumped a beat. My skin shivered when I felt a large hand grab the back of my shoulder.

In the corner of my eye I caught a small glimpse of the tall beastmen. It wasn't surprising that it was another tiger beastmen. I stood there frozen and waited until he let go. Thinking that he also wants to duel, I took no chance. He too will also end up like the other tigers.

I felt the unknown tiger's hot breath landing on my neck. It felt uncomfortable. I only wanted him to get away from me.

"Max-"

The moment he released his hand away from my shoulder I turned my body around. Just when he was about to say something. I swiftly gave this bastard a hard punch on his face.