hate

It was inevitable for Hwang Juhee, the only female member in an all-boys K-pop group, to get battered by multitudes of hate comments.

When they had debuted, it had been much worse, not only for her, but for the rest of her members as well, everyone criticising the new group that had formed, so different from the rest.

Yet out of the ashes, a phoenix had bloomed and it was safe to say that BTS was in fact the biggest K-pop group that the industry had ever seen.

But sometimes, things went a little too fast at moments when Juhee needed them to be slow.

She was hunched against the wall of the dance room, her eyes reading each and every comment that was there beneath there latest music video. Most of them were supportive, cheering them on, proud of their creative work. However some of them had caught her eye, the ones about her in particular.

juhee seems so lazy nowadays.

she's not even trying.

she has a resting bitch face all the time.

juhee's ruining the boys' career.

she should never have debuted.

she's nothing compared to the rest of them.

she can't dance, can't sing and can't rap. she's just a pretty face.

let's be honest, she's not even that pretty.

And on they went, listing her flaws and critiquing her every move.

Now, Hwang Juhee never normally got this upset over the things that netizens would say. It was unavoidable for any member in any group to get criticised, yet there was a sense of upset, a feeling of disappointment at herself that seemed to only get bigger.

"What are you doing in here so late?"

The younger girl looked up to see Min Yoongi coming in, quickly hiding her phone so that he couldn't see what she had been looking at.

"I was in the Hwang Base earlier, then I decided to practice for a while," She shrugged. "I can ask the same for you, hyung,"

The Min boy shrugged his shoulders too, taking a seat beside her. "In the Genius Lab,"

A silence settled upon them for a moment before the older boy cast his eyes on her phone that hadn't been well hidden. "You were reading comments, weren't you,"

"Don't," She muttered. "Don't pity me, hyung, you know that I don't work well with that,"

"I don't pity you," Yoongi answered. "What they say in there about you isn't true, you know that, I know that, the boys know that. Moping about in here, getting upset about it isn't going to help your situation,"

He stared at her intently. "In the end, they'll judge us anyway, so whatever,"

Juhee leaned her head against the older boy's shoulder. "You're great hyung, you know that?"

"Duh,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

happy new year!!

i hope you guys have a great 2023 and it's a blessed and amazing year for all of you.

have a great day!!

lots of love and hugs

xx