Pilot

Naomi walked in with headphones in one ear and sat down at the first empty chair she saw

Naomi walked in with headphones in one ear and sat down at the first empty chair she saw. She had a guess shirt that was white and blue stripped with shoes. Her big hair fell down her back beautifully not covering her natural makeup look.

Meanwhile her older brother by a year Hakeem who had shades on inside sat with his big timberlands on the table while on his phone. "hey little sis" hakeem greets his sister as jamal lifts his head up. "hey nee-nee" jamal greets her. "Nee-nee" was a nickname given to her since she was a baby. "hey guys" she greeted them back but then turned her attention to hakeems feet because she noticed that his feet are on the table. "Whatchu listening to?" Hakeem asks. "Rihanna " Naomi answers. "Oh you mean my wife" Hakeem smirks. "Don't nobody want ya ugly ass" Naomi responds making Hakeem suck his teeth."And you know you better take ya big ass feet off daddy table"

" Man he ain't gonna do nothing" he said waving her off making shake her head. "im just saying, you know how ya daddy is and you know he's gonna say something" she said shaking her head.

He ignored her and went back on his phone making Noami shrug. "Also why the hell do you have shades on it ain't sunny in here" Naomi asks. "Because I'm always shining" Hakeem smirks. "You thought you ate that." Naomi mumbles shaking her head. Suddenly one of the servers came and placed a plate of hummus at one end of the table. Naomi looks over to where the plate is and scrunches her face up. "Is that hummus?"

"Yup That's ya brothers plate" jamal chuckled as she shakes her head. "Oh my brother that's nice" she says sarcastically causing Hakeem to laugh and Jamal joined. "But seriously he ordered all of them? Wow...gross"

Speaking of the devil,Andre walks in. "Rita, did you bring the hummus?" He asks as he fixes his tie. "Speak of the devil" Naomi looks at her phone. "That's ya daddy" Hakeem says making her chuckle. Everyone knows lucious lyon. Lucious is the CEO of the record label Empire Entertainment.

"Hey, ya'll." He greets his siblings. Hakeem and Naomi look at each other And arched their brows at Andre. Though they aren't twins they tend to act like it. It always creeped lucious out. An awkward tension fills the room as the room is silence. Hakeem then tilts his shades to jamal who shakes his head. Jamal then just looked at his phone.

"Jamal How'sthat friend of yours?" Andre sits down at the head of the table. "Good why'd you flake on dinner last Tuesday?" Jamal doesn't look up from his phone. "Schedule was crazy" he replies. Naomi then fake sneezes gaining the attention from her brothers. "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit" she said. Hakeem tries to hide his amusement while Andre frowns.

"But you could have at least called or something, like we cooked and everything that's so rude." Jamal says annoyed at this point. "I forgot." Andre voice raised abut as Jamal turned to him and narrowed his eyes.  Naomi shook her head and began to text on her phone.

Nee-nee: he's lying his ass off

Mallyy-I know smh

Nee-nee: I get so tired of black people

Jamal just chuckled at his phone but didn't respond back. Suddenly Lucious walks down the steps and into the room with a newspaper in his hand. "I'm glad ya'll here, and boy get your big ass feet off my $40,000 dinning room table i eat there." He raised his voice as he smacked his feet with the papers making hakeem put his feet Down on the floor. 

"Such a dumbass." Naomi said laughing at him. "Shut up" Hakeem says back. "You shut up" Naomi replies. "Both of y'all shut the hell up" luscious scolded.

"Listen Your brother and I have been working hard to turn Empire into a publicly traded company. Now part of us going public means assuring a legacy for this company and right now it seems none of you are prepared to take over when I'm gone." 

"Gone?" Naomi gave him a concerned face.
"Now it won't happen today or tomorrow but I start grooming someone soon and it can only be one of you." Lucious says as they all looked at each other confused.  "W-What is this, we King Leir now?" Jamal says joking making Naomi laugh.  "Good one mal"

Lucious eyed both of them. "Call it what you want smart asses, but over the next several months I'm gonna make the decision." Noami stops laughing and let's out a  "Oop".

"Wait, wait, What are you saying? We're all in competition to be head of the company?" Andre asks panicking.

Lucious looks at his sons. "In order for it to survive I need one of you negroes to man-" Lucious then looks at his daughter. "or woman up and lead it and nothing or no one is going to tear it down, you hear me?"  The boys and Noami nodded in agreement as they all had a mini stare down with each other.

...

Unlike her brothers Naomi had to stay with her father until he felt like it was time for her to get a house. While Naomi was in her room she hears talking outside her door. Being her nosey self she went to her door and cracked it open to see someone she didn't expect.

Her mother......

She's never met her mother before but had pictures and heard stories from her father.

"I want half Lucious!" Cookie yelled as Lucious glared at her."Mom..." Naomi said opening the door fully, gaining the attention of her father and her mother.

"Naomi my sweet baby girl" cookie says in disbelief, tearing up a bit. Is this beautiful woman really her daughter? So much time has passed since she last saw her. She was just a baby before.

"Mom" she repeated as cookie walked to her daughter and hugged her. Naomi froze. She didn't really know how to feel. Happy of course but at the same time confused. She doesn't really this woman at all. She's only seen pictures of her and heard about her. From what she's heard, this woman was locked away because she was selling drugs.

Now of course lucious isn't known to tell the truth. But this made Naomi wonder,was her father telling her the full truth?

"I've missed it all" cookie mumbles as Naomi slowly hugs her back. "You look beautiful" cookie compliments making Naomi smile. "Thanks mom" she replies not noticing the stares from her father. "You've gotten so big and your hair is so long. My beautiful baby girl" cookie boasts. "You don't get ya looks from ya daddy. He's ugly as hell" cookie says made Naomi laugh.

"Let's go cookie. You need to leave" Lucious says gaming their attention. Before cookie could say anything else Anika comes in with lingerie on. "Lucious, you—-"

Cookie smirks as she got her coat that was on the couch. "Hmmm boo boo kitty" she says taunting Anika while waking away. Once she left Anika looked at Lucious with a upset expression while Naomi had a disgust expression."Gross" Naomi says going back to her room.

Once Naomi shut her door she plopped on her bed and sat there, thinking. She just met her mother. She was confused about how she felt on the situation. Meeting her mother wasn't bad, in fact she's happy she's met her. Her mother is funny and beautiful and seemed like a good mother. But now that her mother is back what will happen in the future?

After 5 minutes of thinking she put her headphones in and started listening to a beat for her new song. She's gonna name it good days.......

Heyyyyyyy sooo how'd you like it??

She met her mom!!!!

Was lucious lying to her??

Like share and Comment!