14

Once again, I found myself avoiding Grayson as I cautiously walked down the corridor towards my locker. He can't order me around like his very own personal assistant if he can't even find me.

"What are you doing?" Cody asked me, befuddled at my attempt to blend in. I guess my disguise wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses and a hoodie? It's pretty warm outside today."

My shoulders slumped restfully as I took off my shades. "What? Is it all of a sudden a crime to wear a hoodie when the sun is out?"

"You look like you're hiding from the paparazzi." He laughed.

He got the first part right. But I wasn't hiding from the paparazzi, i was hiding from an idiot. I still couldn't believe that he was blackmailing me into doing his bidding.

"Oh my god! There you are!" Hannah approached Cody and I, out of breath.

"Have you checked the school's anonymous forum today?" She asked me, causing me to panic. If I am being honest, I didn't even know that there was an anonymous forum.

Grayson must have told the entire school in the forum that I kissed him. Or maybe he left himself out of the equation completely. No matter, soon everyone would know about it.

This was my end.

"No, what is it?" I was afraid to ask.

"It's about Alicia." She says, putting my mind at ease. I never thought for a moment I'd ever be so happy to hear that name. As my heart began slowing its pace, Hannah turned her phone's screen to face Cody and I.

It was an incriminating picture of Alicia (Jake's girlfriend) and Diego (One of Mitchell's annoying friends) kissing!

"Oh shit..." My mouth fell open.

"Crap, has Jake seen this?" Cody asked Hannah.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him yet." Hannah says.

I felt so bad for Jake. I mean, I was not at all surprised as to Alicia cheating on him. She's always given me cheater vibes, which I get sounds entirely rude and stereotypical of me, but I'm stating facts, in my opinion.

"I can't believe she would do this to him!" Hannah seethed.

"We should go and find Jake." Cody says, starting down the corridor.

Hannah and I followed behind him. My left foot was still a tad sore from the incident in my kitchen, so I was walking with a slight limp. Everyone was murmuring about it as we walked past them on our way to find Jake.

"He's not responding to my texts." Hannah says.

"Same." Cody added.

"What about Phillip and Lucy?" I wondered. "Where are they? Maybe they know where he is."

"Phillip didn't come to school today, I think he has an appointment at the dentist." Hannah explained. "And Lucy is running late."

"Holy shit! There's a fight by the bleachers!" A guy I didn't know told everyone within earshot, hurrying towards the exit.

Hannah, Cody and I shared a look before rushing to the bleachers.

We arrived to see a noisy crowd gathered around. I didn't need to see over the shoulders of everyone gathered around to know that it was Jake and Diego fighting. At least, that's where my mind was at. Diego usually hung out at the bleachers with Grayson and my annoying brother.

I followed Hannah and Cody as they pushed their way through the roaring crowd. When we finally broke through, we saw an angry and seething Jake shoving Diego backwards.