O11. A MEDICAL PRACTICE

CHAPTER ELEVEN. ✧˖*°࿐
❝ A MEDICAL PRACTICE. ❞

[ please vote! (๑˘ᵕ˘) ]▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

[ please vote! (˘ᵕ˘) ]
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"It's beautiful."

Emea watched the reactions the others had with the spirit tree. As usual, she felt a strong pull towards it, her body itching to get closer. And they did.

As Emea made sure to reassure Kiri, Tuk, and Neteyam that they were going to be okay under water since there was still oxygen underneath, they swam towards the spirit tree where it glowed beautifully under the night sky.

Neteyam and Emea headed to a part where they were farther from everyone, but close enough to see them all. Neteyam grabbed the ends of his hair, glancing at Emea who had intertwined her hands, nodding.

"Tsaheylu," Emea signed and Neteyam nodded, too, understanding what she said, He could only close eyes, feeling the energy of the spirit tree.

Emea could only stare at his face, curious about what he might see. She could only watch the way his eyes moved under his eyelids and the way his nose crinkled. She looked.

As his eyes opened, Emea felt a bigger connection to something, though. She assumed it was him but it felt a bit far away. She looked at the source of energy and when she saw Kiri, she swam towards her, leaving Neteyam to look after her figure questionably.

Much to her horror, the glow that the spirit tree had, flickered, and there, Kiri's body, twitched. She immediately disconnected her and the spirit tree, swimming upwards while getting help from Tsireya and Neteyam.

Darkness consumed them and Emea made it to the top in a matter of seconds, rushing her to her ilu.

"We need to go!" She yelled over her shoulder, Neteyam immediately helping her, taking his sister's body with him. Tuk called for her sister and Tsireya rushed to reassure her as she watched her own sister sit on the ilu, crouching over Kiri's body and trying to see what the issue is.

"What is wrong? What is it?" Tuk panicked.

"Is she breathing?" Rotxo breathed out, watching Neteyam giving his sister CPR. Kiri only winced, insinuating that she was definitely breathing.

"Get her to the village!" Emea rushed him. She looked at the others. "Get on. We need to hurry."

As they swam towards the village, Emea could only grab onto Tsireya's waist. She felt such a sting to her chest moments before what happened. She wasn't sure what that feeling was but, she made sure to bring it up to her mother once they made it safe.

As they got to the village, Kiri was immediately transported to where her parents resided in. The whole village was in a frenzy, but Emea made sure she and her siblings reassured them all while her mother kept a close eye on the unconscious girl, not happy with the decision of Jake's to bring help.

When the sun came out, Emea and Neteyam were sitting down, the girl trying to reassure him the best she could. Which meant she couldn't exactly say the realistic views she had over the situation.

"Do not blame yourself, either," she muttered to Neteyam who had his legs up to his chest, propping his chin on his knees as she stared at the water. "You reacted just as quickly and checked up on her. You're a good brother and you couldn't have prevented this from happening."

Neteyam glanced at the girl. "What if she never wakes up?"

"You can't think like that," Emea furrowed her eyebrows at him, knowing deep in her heart that she would've said the exact same thing. She scooted closed to him, placing a hand on his forearm. "Your sister is going to be okay. She's going to be fine. You questioning everything is making you lose hope. It's only been a while, Neteyam. Have hope."

He nodded and sighed, not looking at her. "Thank you."

"Do not thank me," she breathed out, placing an arm around his shoulder and leading his head on her shoulder. He let out another sigh and they both stayed in their place, questioning everything around them.

Their moment got interrupted as soon as the floor vibrated. They were going to stand up and check, but Jake and other two people, one human Emea noted, popped up. Both Emea and Neteyam stood, standing by the entrance of the pod while Neteyam kept the girl behind him. She wasn't exactly fond of Sky People.

As what Emea assumed were doctors, they kneeled by Kiri's body as Neytiri paced back and forth, preoccupied. Tuk was just as worried, though, both Neteyam and Emea tried to distract her. It was no good.

"There's no bleed," Jake's friend commented, looking at his tablet. Emea looked at it curiously. "There's not fracture. No effects of hypoxia. It looks good."

"Emea," she turned around at the call of her name and saw her mother heading towards her. Tsireya followed behind, carrying supplies her mother needed. Ronal passed by her daughter and Neteyam, giving him a look before staring at her daughter. "Come."

As they walked inside, Neytiri walked toward her mother. Though, her mother wasn't exactly to thrilled to see more strangers come into her village.

"I see that I am not needed here," she commented, turning around to leave. But, Neytiri didn't let her step a foot out.

"You are tsahík," she hissed, though, she dropped her hold on the pregnant woman's hand when she noticed how tensed Emea was at the sight of someone grabbing her mother that way.

"I'm okay," Ronal reassured her daughter before glaring at Jake's friends. "Remove these things."

"Out!" Neytiri yelled at her husband and the others. "You have done nothing."

Jake immediately rushed his friends to take away everything they had. Meanwhile, Emea turned to Neteyam when her mother was distracted.

"She's going to wake up," she gave him a soft look and he looked at her. He saw the gaze on her face and the look she gave him. She got rid of the usual stoic expression to one that showcased every emotion she felt. "Have hope."

As her mother kneeled before Kiri's body, Emea gave the boy a reassuring smile before stepping away. She kneeled on the other side of her mother next to Tuk, grabbing a hold of whatever her mother gave her.

Emea watched Ronal do a medical practice, hearing her chant. She watched everything her pregnant mother did and the way she said things because that could be her helping people.

As minutes felt like hours, Tuk's voice alerted them of the successful practice.

"Kiri!" The younger girl smiled at the way her sister flickered her eyes opened. "You're awake."

Neytiri and Jake watched their daughter as Emea helped her mother from the ground, glancing at the family. She looked for Neteyam who was already staring at her like always.

"I told you," she mouthed and he smiled a little.

"Thank you."

As she walked away, Neteyam could only stare at her. She gave him the hope has was starting to lose.

And as he stared at his sister, he could only feel thankful of his life from where he is and who he is sharing it with. He only wished to share it with the girl who just left with her mother.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

I personally don't like this chapter
so I'm sorry 😖

It's also about to be 5 am but I just finished
reading a 656 paged book (the book is called
Anastasia and it was so good though read
trigger warnings)

I'm excited about the next chapter though
so I'll update soon :)

( Please vote and comment!
Feedback is appreciated ( ͒•·̫| )