O15. TO EYWA I PRAY STRENGTH

CHAPTER FIFTEEN. ✧˖*°࿐
❝ TO EYWA I PRAY STRENGTH. ❞

[ please vote! (๑˘ᵕ˘) ]▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

[ please vote! (˘ᵕ˘) ]
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Hurry! Emea is in pain!"

Neteyam heard chaos outside of his and his family's home. He looked at his mother and father before turning to look at his siblings. Tuk came running in after making some friends and hanging out with them, embracing her mother who immediately hugged her back.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked his daughter.

Tuk sniffed, having been crying. "Emea, she wouldn't wake up. My friends told me that she had worse pain today and that she is connected to Eywa which makes her feel the death of everything."

Jake and Neytiri looked at one another before glancing at Neteyam who frowned. Before they could talk to him, he immediately walked out, running towards where he and Emea were just at.

He had been with her in the morning, having been woken up by the sun shining on his face. She even woke up to see him staring at her, calling him a creep before telling him she'll see him later since she was feeling a bit better.

What could've happened?

"What's wrong?" Neteyam asked Ao'nung.

Ao'nung sighed and shook his head, looking off in worry. "My sister... they're afraid that the pain she is feeling is going to kill her."

"They're also afraid that her pain means more death has happened," Tsireya appeared next to the two, her eyes watery. "Our sister doesn't deserve this."

"She wouldn't like hearing you say that," Ao'nung glanced at his sister. "You know how much she appreciates the gift Eywa has given her."

Tsireya looked like she was about to argue back, but Neteyam placed a hand on her shoulder, reassuring her. They watched the people pray by Emea's body, her father holding her hand and her mother doing the same practice as she did with Kiri.

As they all prayed, Neteyam stared. He could only have hope. She was everything to him and she understood him the most. The beginning of the unnamed friendship between them was all bickering, but he found safety in the way she could easily express herself.

"Emea!"

Too deep into his thoughts, Neteyam glanced at Tsireya's body rushing towards her sister. Emea had opened her eyes, looking at everyone in a panic state. Her chest heaved up and down and her eyes didn't show nothing but panic.

"Oh, my daughter," Ronal sniffed, placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief, even Jake and Neytiri who stood behind Neteyam, watching the scene unfold in front of them. They watched the way Emea clung onto her family.