Chapter Four

"We want every single detail about your date, Ellie

"We want every single detail about your date, Ellie." Talia waggles her eyebrows and places takeaway coffee cups on our desk. Jordan walks in with a bag of pastries and unpacks them onto the desk. The pair sit down and look at me.

I take a deep breath and tap my fingernail against the desk. I don't know if I want to admit how freaked out I was about a man touching my leg, the fact I enjoyed it, and how I stupidly agreed to go slow with him. In hindsight, it's very much a good idea.

Talia nudges the coffee cup towards me and I roll my eyes. She tucks her blonde, frizzy curled hair behind her ear, and takes a sip of her own coffee. Jordan munches on her pastry, much like a box of popcorn. I much prefer them to be the center of attention.

"There's nothing to tell, really." I shrug. "He came over and we had wine and built Lego flowers since one of his hobbies is Lego. We chatted about things and he left because it was late and we were tired."

Jordan's mouth drops.

"Are you serious, Ellie, is that it?" Jordan frowns.

"Any steamy makeout sessions at least?" Talia asks.

I take a sip of my cappuccino and swivel around in my desk chair. Jordan slaps the desk and pouts.

"We want all the good details!" She demands.

"We kissed a couple of times and they were pretty good." I dreamily grin. "The kind of kiss that makes your toes curl and your stomach flutter. His lips were so soft, his touch gentle."

"Phew, there we go. There's no way you two drank wine and just chatted about things." Talia wipes the imaginary sweat from her forehead and relaxed into her chair. "How you both didn't have sex is beyond me. I don't know how you can go so long without it."

"Did you guys really not have sex, or is this one of those I don't kiss and tell scenarios?" Jorden seems shocked.

"We were making out on the couch and he tugged me to straddle his waist, and everything was going great. His hand inched up my thigh and I panicked and pulled away, and it ruined everything. He was so sweet and said we could take things slower."

"Aw, that's cute." Talia smiles. "Green flag there."

"It was late, so he hurried home after that." I bite my lip.

"Red flag." Jordan shakes her head.

Talia shoots her a glare before returning her sympathetic gaze.

"What happened? Why'd you panic?"

"I think it's been so long since I've been intimate with somebody, I panicked. Craig was the last person I slept with after having Noah. Pregnancy really changes your body. I have stretch marks everywhere and my tummy wobbles now. I'm certainly no spring chicken."

Talia walks around the desk and spins my chair aside so she can place her hands on either side of my shoulders. She leans down and looks me directly in the eyes. I slide down the chair a little to put some space between us.