𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦

I wake up to the sound of my alarm ringing, and I'm quick to turn it off

I'm convinced my hatred for the morning will be something that will be forever, and no matter how hard I try I think it really won't change.

Though it would be helpful if it would.

My first day of the internship is today, and my nerves are through the roof. Something about being the 'new person' gives me anxiety; Perhaps it's being unaware, or the crude looks you can be given or even simply just being there and feeling displaced.

Whatever the problem is I hate it, with a full heart.

I use these negative thoughts to power me through getting ready, or more specifically getting out of bed.

I have a quick shower and brush my teeth, also doing a bit of skincare.

My clothes for the day are hanging in my closet, freshly-ironed and pressed. For this day, I had settled on a fitted, black dress but it was something that was more professional than sleezy, and i chose nude stilletos to add more to my short stature.

I put my hair into a half up, half down hairstyle and allowed my long bangs to caress my face freely. After a spritz of perfume, and filling my handbag up, I head out, not in the mood for breakfast.

Riding my bike to my first day of 'work', would be unprofessional and Tiago would most likely laugh at me, so I called an Uber instead.

Speaking of Tiago, I was excited to see him again, and perhaps I was always excited to see him, but that didn't matter. Being in the same workspace, could do us some good, or not, but I'm hoping for the best in this situation.

Plus, I wonder if his employees know I'm his step-daughter, if they did I'm guessing they'd think I'm a spoilt, lazy bitch, which may not be that far from the truth, but still is mostly incorrect.

Though, Tiago did think me as being smart, and not an entire idiot so maybe I'll deliver something knew to the new place.

Well at least I hope...

Drenched, I walk into the tall and sleek office space, slightly amazed by all the unique architectural features, but mostly frustrated by my now wet hair, and clothes.

But, on the bright side my makeup is still looking good.

As I walk to the front dress, many people stroll past me, in their prim, business attire, clutching onto their briefcases and belongings as if I were not to be trusted besides them.

Well I'm sleeping with their boss, so sucks to them.

'Miss Heart?' A woman says, coming upto me. 'Yes?' I reply, giving a small smile.