Chapter 10

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

(M/N)'s POV
"Well then, my dear (M/N), what would you like to know about my story?" Dan Feng asked as he nuzzled his head against my cheek.

I pondered. "Euh... Just your whole life I guess?"

"So adorable!" I felt a kiss pressed against my temple. "However, I'm afraid that would take too much time, as my spiritual powers are starting to fade away..."

"Huh?!" I looked at him in shock as the High Elder showed his slowly fading right hand. It made me panic. "Oh no! Can't we do something about it?"

'I was starting to like it here due to the peace and quiet...'

Dan Feng smiled sadly. "I'm sorry, my sweetheart, there's nothing we can do about it." I felt him caress my head. "So let's make this quick while I'm still here..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Dan Feng's POV
My life consisted of nothing but listening to lectures, reading boring scrolls, learning from the Preceptors how the control cloudhymn magic, learning how to take care of the vidyadhara eggs and watching over the Ambrosial Arbor at Scalegorge Waterscape.

Weeks were packed with schedules and meetings to the point I literally wanted an escape from them. So I did...

One day, I fled from the Preceptors chasing after me for missing an appointment and used my cloudhymm magic to travel via water to Central Starskiff Haven. There, I strolled around, ignoring the stares and whispers from the natives. I looked around stores, food stalls, markets, people listening to legendary stories, you name it. It was a sight I've never seen before at Central Starskiff Haven, but I liked the ambiance, despite my dislike toward crowded and loud places.

My feet stopped walking when I suddenly heard crying not far away. My eyes followed the noise and it landed on a boy, tightly hugging a young man. I could sense the aura of a vidyadhara from the boy, while the man was a long life species.

"There~ There~ You can let it all out. It's okay. Cry as much as you need," the young man tenderly said as he stroked the boy's hair. He had raven hair, which flowed down to his upperback like a waterfall, with blue highlights on some of his locks. His hands were pretty lean, making me assume he had a lean posture. He wore an elegant white hanfu made from silk. But what captivated me the most at first sight, was the moment he opened his eyes.

Gold - A pair of golden eyes...

'Such beautiful eyes I've never seen before...'

"Are you alright now?" the young man pulled away.

"Hm... Yeah, I'm okay..."

"That's good to hear. It's okay to feel lonely sometimes. Everyone feels like that," he wiped the tears away from the boy's face.

"Even us vidyadhara?"

"Yes. There is nothing wrong with it. They may not show it, but even the oldest vidyadhara can feel lonely. So if you ever feel like crying again, tell me and you can cry in my arms over and over again," he cupped the boy's cheeks and put his forehead against his.

"Thank you, big brother!" the boy sniffed.

"You need not to thank me. Now, show me a pretty smile!" and he started tickling the boy's stomach, making the kid giggle and sometimes the young man let out some of his soft laughs as well.