Chapter One: Prologue

This is not a tale about us normal people.

On the seemingly endless sea,near the ports of the USA and Canada and not far from Greenland, the largest island on earth,stood a lone isle,seemingly tiny and heavily surrounded by trees.The isle was,to people,' quiet in morning, quiet in night '.It just stood there as if it weren't there.That isle looked calm enough to make people say,"Nobody lives there."The men in the boats which scampered past the isle would say, "That’s clearly a no man's land,only birds and beasts could live there…"

But they were terribly wrong.They just didn’t know, just couldn't imagine what could be there…

It was the night of Thursday the 16th of May. A fine day it was.It was a night 12 years ago.

Nobody seemed to be there on that isle; boats passing by would just ignore that and continue their voyage like everyday but nobody actually seemed to notice that in the pitch-black darkness,two tiny bits of yellowish light flickered somewhere on that always lonely-looking isle.Those were nothing but a pair of eyes;yellow,cat-like eyes.

But those eyes did belong to no cat;those belonged to a man.

Yes, there was that man,fully covered in a gray furry cloak with only his eyes exposed which looked full of tension and anger.He strode quickly thru groups of trees, making crunching noises on dry leaves. The moonlight couldn't do much justice to the darkness through those trees which deepened the darkness. 

The man continued his stride until he reached something covered in moss and leaves.It was a temple. The temple was made from stone and people on the sea could never see it through those thick trees. 

The man in the cloak looked around sharply.He observed that it was safe to go as nobody was there.therefore he entered the temple. 

In the temple there were stone walls,carved with bizarre drawings. The floor was smooth and cold and contained a considerable amount of dry leaves.The walls were scratchy and had moss.There were some ancient lamps too,which didn’t work.

"It doesn’t have to work,stupid thing- " muttered the man.Then he muttered something hard to pronounce and snapped his fingers once.

A bright glow of light lit on his palm.The light almost looked like a fire in an orb.The damp darkness disappeared and the whole temple shone in that light. Now the man in the cloak could make out the end of the temple. 

At the end of the temple stood a solid and damp stone wall without any carving.In front of the wall there was a pedestal,made of limestone. 

Still holding the light in his hand,the man went forward and up on the pedestal.Now he was standing right in front of the wall.The wall was cold and astonishingly smooth.

The man looked closely and found what he was looking for. 

On the wall there were four equal pieces of brick,carved fair and square.They looked as though magnetically attached to the wall and they were situated exactly like four points of a square. 

But they were not attached magnetically. They were attached magically.

The man tossed the light up,after saying a few  words.The light went up and didn’t come down;it was levitating right there,above the man's head.

The man carelessly looked at the brick pieces.Every piece had a drawing carved upon it.The top left brick had a lion drawn upon it.The bottom left one had an ox drawn.The top right one had a pair of eyes drawn upon it and the bottom right one had a pitcher drawn.

The man started to move the bricks using his hand.After some moments he had moved the ox brick on the top left,the pitcher brick to the top right, the lion brick on the bottom right and the pair of eyes brick to the bottom left.