Chapter Twelve: The Most Important Weekday

The next day saw everybody cheerful owing to another attackless night. Almost all have started to believe that the werewolf is gone for good.

"It could have delayed a couple of days; I wanted to catch that goofy idiot furball with a net," Smith commented about it. 

The assembly saw Armædéone not even delivering a speech, let alone mentioning the werewolf stuff.

"You're probably safe now," Ryan told Rudy while returning from the assembly.

The classes were held as usual. This time the roster was: Clesterfield, Cindley, and Everheart. The same as the day before the previous day. Cindley, once again, played with their nerves and tempers. He even gave Sally Surblancos a punishment after she protested the no-speaking rule. 

The students were by now recognized by their different personalities. Sally was the overly talkative one, though most of the beginners ignored her blabbering. But she didn't seem very offended by that. 

"I bet she's ignored 'cause she's not that good to look at." Smith's comment was this about her. 

Smith himself, however, was the class joker. He joked around and made fun of a lot, and his normal talking was also like jokes themselves.

Rex was the leader-type. He was very watchful and acted like a self-proclaimed class captain. He was very interactive too, and his ambition is to turn this batch into the best one there ever was. 

Time was a full dumbo. He always took the back bench in class and didn't understand most of the lessons. He was always the first one to miscast a spell, and he had the highest swear count. His dumbness and his "sirsirsirsirsir" line went viral in the class. Even Bob and Tom mimicked it in a singsong voice whenever Timo passed by. The other students also laughed among themselves about that line.

And there was Verona Cindley, the big, cocky daddy's girl. Ever since she was class captain, she got the better of every beginner, particularly in her father's class. The ones who had thought her to be a perfect captain now had the ambition to smack her nose flat. 

Just like that, they could identify Newton as the nerd, Jean as the class crush, and Bob and Tom as the bad boys. And Ryan himself? Just the ordinary one. 'A salad of everything' in Smith's language. 

The rest of the day went in Hancliffe almost getting the Hansens for the third time, Robben tripping over a full lunch table while bringing the drinks, and Ryan noticing Jean and Rudy getting friendlier.

That was positive. Ryan, though, jokingly said, "You gettin' closer to here, Rudy?" 

"Dude, why are you so negative?" Rudy almost shouted while Ryan laughed, proving it to be a joke only. 

After lots of laughing and talking, they all went to their respective beds with light minds each.

Just before dawn, Ryan saw a strange dream. In the dream, He and Rudy was going through the corridor until Rudy suddenly gets bathed in milk and was instantly transformed into his werewolf self.

Rudy was shouting, "Who did this?" 

Then Ryan saw Rudy and himself searching for Bob and Tom until they found them in their cabin and were astonished by their behavior. They were too friendly, and they didn't even look like drunk brats. The two joined Ryan and Rudy in the quest to find the answer to the question, Who turned Rudy into the werewolf? And the group, later, was also joined by all the other beginners and Hancliffe. 

And finally, Ryan saw themselves in a hidden chamber where a man was visible. But the figure was fully black. No matter how close they watched him, the figure was still covered in shadow, and they couldn't see who he was. No matter how many questions he was asked, his answer was always a psychopathic, maniacal laugh.