Chapter Ten: The Culprit Is Out

It was a busy day.

Rudy suddenly got gloomier as the evening loomed closer. Ryan just couldn't understand what the matter was. He tried to explain to him, "Dude, look—there's no danger if the Seven Sorcerers themselves—"

"Man, you don't understand it." Rudy abruptly said, "You just don't understand it. It's my thing."

Ryan assumed that it was something personal. But what can happen that Rudy, who's always so spirited and jolly, turns so sombre within one evening? Still, Ryan decided not to disturb him. But he didn't know that the decision definitely was no good.

After dinner, Ryan and Rudy were returning to their student apartment. The day had a nice variety of classes, with Denzel Zazouri's practicals and Merina McBlair's history, which wasn't as boring as Li Huan had said. With all this engrossment, the murder chaos was almost forgotten, though Ulysses' assurance played a big role in that.

In the corridor, suddenly two boys emerged in front of them from their room. Bob and Tom. They were now face-to-face with Ryan and Rudy.

"Stop blockin' our way,'' Bob snarled. "Get outta here, filthy rats."

"Well, well, well, you'll need a lot of explanation to give us," Ryan said. "What were you doing in our room?" 

"Our room," Tom clownishly mimicked Ryan's words, "Huh, what the damn do you do in there? You two sleep together, I bet."

Bob hastily said, "Damn good-for-nothing room; nothing but a bunch of trash for stealin'." Ryan angrily said, "You got in there for stealing'?" 

"What's the problem there if we did?" Tom snarled, "Stop blocking our way and go back to your hole." 

"Excuse me, but it's you who are blocking our way." Rudy grunted. 

"You don't know the definition of roadblocks, child," Bob said again in his hasty voice, "just leave the way for us like good kids." 

"Good kids are obedient," Tom grinned. 

"Look," Ryan said, "you're getting a bit too clownish, Tommy dick; we're not kids. Rather it's you who's behaving like one. Besides, you broke into my room without permission and you ain't getting off it easily." 

"We're gonna report this to the teacher," Rudy said. 

"To the teacher, heh!" Tom mimicked in a girlish tone. 

"You wanna complain? Then what's the difference left between you and a cuddly baby?" Bob smirked.

"You still drink from your mama's boobies?" Tom added. 

That was too much for Ryan.

SMACK! A blow was pressed on Tom's nose by Ryan.

"You dare to hit me?" Tom hissed, with both his hands pressed onto his nose.

"If you will dare, I will dare." Ryan hastily said. 

"You misuse words again, and it'll get more painful," Rudy corroborated his words.

But Bob didn't seem to use words anymore. Instead, he struck back. 

BAM!

"Ow, my knee," Ryan moaned, "you've got a good leg; the parliament should announce you as their 'Prime Kickmaster' to stop the rulebreakers!"

But Rudy didn't stay put. He struck Bob back.

"Damn, my jaw;" Bob hissed. The fight started and kept going like this. 

WHAM! BAM! POW! SMACK! WHACK!

But only seven minutes later, the fight was hampered by their newly elected class captain.