Episode Three: If You Woe What's Good For You

"Blood pressure's dropping. His heart rate's up to 130."

The sound of sirens echoed through the back of the ambulance as monitors and machinery sounded increasingly urgent alerts.

"O2 stats going down fast. He's going to go into cardiac arrest."

"Ajax, hang in there, buddy. We're almost at the hospital."

"Get me another trauma pad to slow the bleeding and call ahead to the O.R. He's going to need a massive transfusion."

"B.P.'s tanking, we need to get there now."

A shrill alert began screaming from one of the monitors, as a frenzy of activity increased in the ambulance.

"We've lost sinus rhythm, charge the defib and give me one milligram of epi."

"Clear!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:31 pm – 1 hour before Ajax's attack.

Simon and Enid sat upright on her bed in the shared dorm room, a laptop computer perched on top of Enid's lap and a discarded pizza box sitting on the floor nearby. Simon's arm was around Enid as the two intently watched a show playing on the laptop's screen.

"You're going to jump..." Simon whispered, as music from the show began building in intensity.

"I'm not going to jump." Enid playfully whispered back. The two continued staring at the screen with wide eyes, at the edge of their proverbial seats as the music continued building to a suspenseful crescendo.

Suddenly the door to the room flung open, sending Enid jumping out of her skin as Wednesday marched inside.

"I need your laptop." Wednesday barked. Enid and Simon looked at her, confused.

"Wednesday..." Simon greeted in a pained voice, "Good to see you again."

"Your laptop, Enid." Wednesday uttered, completely ignoring Simon's attempts at cordiality.

"No!" Enid retorted. "Get your own."

"It's important."

"So is this!"

Wednesday stormed over to Enid's side of the room, glaring at the screen.

"The last time I checked," Wednesday snapped, "Binge watching Stranger Things doesn't exactly qualify as important." Enid groaned and paused the show.

"You know, they've actually managed to do a fairly accurate depiction of telekinesis." Simon added, trying to diffuse the tension. "Apart from that whole nosebleed nonsense, but leave it to Hollywood to get something wrong, I suppose." Enid glared at Wednesday as Simon sat awkwardly next to her.

"Wednesday." Enid hissed through gritted teeth. "Simon and I are in the middle of something here."

"I need the LinkedIn." Wednesday announced. Enid looked at her incredulously.

"The LinkedIn?" Enid asked mockingly. "First of all, it's just LinkedIn. And second of all, we're right in the middle of an episode."

"Enid, if I have to tell you one more time how important this is-" Simon loudly cleared his throat, interrupting Wednesday as he stood up from the bed.

"It's okay Enid." Simon said with a resigned tone in his voice. "It seems like this is just a bad time. We can pick this up where we left off tomorrow."

"No, don't go!" Enid pleaded.

"I think it's best if we postpone to a night with fewer interruptions." Simon replied, shooting a glare towards Wednesday. "But I had a wonderful night with you."