XXVII

My Christmas List: December 11th
Please take away my trust issues.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

After searching for Armani on level eight, the first floor, and lastly on the fifth floor where her office was among the conference rooms—I decided that the matter could wait until after work.

I wanted so desperately to head down to the underground to speak to her, but I needed clearance, and well, how exactly would I ask for that?

Would I casually say, Oh me and Armani are testing out the waters, but suddenly after talking to my best friend, I decided I'm ready to tell her about the feelings I have for her—oh and those feelings are so strong that I just had to see her right now at this moment.

Yeah... no.

I would simply just have to wait, but I knew in the end, it would be worth it.

My heart raced in my chest as I imagined how she would react. Would she smile widely, displaying her beautiful white teeth? Maybe hug me? Or even better... kiss me?

I bit on the end of my pen as I imagined the scenario leading further than just kissing. From undressing each other—to kissing and nipping at each others soft warm skin—and finally eliciting whimpers and moans from one another, chasing a freeing release.

I sighed breathlessly, suddenly feeling more needy than I had ever felt before. I was so entirely aroused that if Armani walked through the doors of this conference room, I would take her right there, on the long glossy table.

Time could seriously not pass by me any quicker.

Yet, somehow it did, but in the most painstakingly slowest way.

Excitement coursed through me as I rushed up to level eight ready to confess everything to Armani—and possibly do much more than confessing, unless it involved me confessing how badly I needed to feel her all over me.

My heels clicked quickly against the floors of level eight, venturing toward Armani's room when I noticed the open living area was empty.

I knocked on the double doors, waiting a few minutes, and deciding to knock again when I received no answer.

To no surprise, the doors were locked. A maid or butler must've ensured that they were locked once I had left, given Armani's status.

With anxiousness starting to grow inside of me, I turned around, something's not right.

The excitement was such a distraction that I didn't even think back to Heidi, someone who had never shown up today.

But it suddenly was lodged at the front of my head, now that Armani was nowhere to be found on our—her floor.

I felt my breathing grow shallow, the assumption growing stronger and stronger until it became a mere fact in my head.

Armani could be with Heidi right now.

Was she with her all day? Did Armani lie to me? Was it all just a game to her? Maybe my feelings were too clear to her, maybe I scared her off... or maybe she decided she doesn't want to do commitment anymore.