Prologue

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." Jean de La Fontaine.

The world was dark and dangerous—filled with hatred and violence. Those that lived on earth were even more so dangerous and violent. The mortals (humans) assumed they were the predators but were they ever wrong.

Among the mortals secretly lived supernatural creatures that lurked deep in the shadows. Strangely enough they coexisted in different parts of the world near mortals without being seen. Even though the creatures were fictional to the humans they called them monsters, demons, beasts, or my favourite, freaks. Demons of the night were vampires. Beasts commonly referred to werewolves. And the term freaks was often used to describe the supernatural beings that could conjure magic—Witches.

Then there was me, a hybrid. I was the result of two different species mating. And that scared the supernatural community. I didn't fit into one category which made me an unnatural-supernatural being. Werewolf packs, witch covens and vampire clans vowed to destroy Hybrids and their creators to ensure balance.

Couldn't be worse for me, right? Wrong! That was just the tip of the iceberg of my bad luck.

Clara Millicent, my mother, was daughter to the Alpha of Silver Crescent Pack. She was a fierce warrior that fought wars alongside her father. As the only child she was heir to the title which didn't sit right with the Alpha himself. Since his wife, my grandmother, had been killed in war he couldn't bare any other children. So, the Alpha took it upon himself to bargain with the most ruthless pack in the world. My mother didn't know it at the time but her life was traded for an allegiance between the two packs. My grandfather arranged a marriage between her and the Alpha's son even though they weren't mates.

Mate = Souls other half

Atticus Ravenwood, my father, was a feared warlock due to his dark magic and abilities. His coven consisted of dark magic conjurers all with different specialties. It is said that my father never believed in love until he laid eyes on my mother. As cliché as it sounds Atticus and Clara fell in love at first sight when they stumbled into each other in the middle of the forest. She was running away from her arranged marriage and he was in search of a purpose. The reason behind my mother and father being soulmates remained a mystery. One only the Moon Goddess herself could answer. Odd how fate worked. I hoped to find my soulmate one day but it was hard to do so when I had to stay hidden.

Being of an Alpha bloodline made it difficult for my wolf, Freya. She felt the need to be a part of a pack—to be with her own kind. But she knew the risks if we dared to enter a pack's territory with our rank. Rogue.

Having no Werewolf Pack = Rogue

That alone was enough reason to be slaughtered.

The life of a rogue had its misfortunes but to live freely was the pinnacle of life itself. No laws to abide to. No hierarchy. No nothing. Never was I ever alone which made it feel as though I weren't a rogue at all.

Before my parents were gruesomely killed they gave birth to me and sent me by portal to live with my aunt Aurora Ravenwood and her husband Jackson Crowley.

My aunt was a powerful witch that had the ability to create forcefields. She could use the forcefields defensively and offensively as they were electric. Anyone who dared to touch or pass through it would be electrocuted to death. My uncle was an expert when it came to healing wounds after tending to many injured in battle. He and my aunt met during a war when she was wounded. It wasn't love at first sight for them but they grew a friendship which then sparked into marriage.

Having a soulmate was a gift bestowed by the Moon Goddess herself. Something that vampires nor witches had. It's said that the Moon Goddess chooses the soulmates before the pups are even born. In some rare cases werewolves were given vampire or witch mates.

Could a hybrid have a soulmate? That was the ultimate question my family and I wondered. The thought alone made Freya sad but she remained hopeful. I prayed to the moon goddess for answers. If I were to have a soulmate who would he be?