Chapter Two

Wake up!

Wake up!

I gasped for air as I sat up in bed and scanned my environment for any threats. My heart raced as unfamiliar scents reached my nostrils.

Intruders!

By the smell they weren't inside the house yet which gave me time to warn my family. Using my vapour I sealed off all the doors and windows in the house while I turned off my iPod and set it on the night stand along with my AirPods. The vapour seal wouldn't hold for long but it would have to do.

Quietly I tip toed out of the room to my aunt and uncles. Freya listened to footsteps outside of the house which increasingly grew in numbers as the seconds passed. There had to have been ten already!

I made my way to Auroras side and shook her awake gently.

"What..?" She began but I held her mouth shut. Aurora's eyes glowed as I held a finger over my mouth.

Aurora nodded, catching my drift. She whispered, "You know what to do."

I nodded as I snuck out of their room and made my way back to mine. Back inside I closed the door and gently woke up my little cousin.

"Vee?" Lydia groaned.

"Shh." I whispered. Lydia's eyes began glowing as her heart beat quickened.

"Shh. It's okay." I soothed her, whispering, "We'll be okay. I need you to be calm. Can you do that for me?"

Lydia nodded as she exhaled shakily.

"Good. Now, we're gonna do this exactly how we've practiced."

Lydia nodded, quietly slipping out of bed and dressing into clothes as I grabbed our emergency bags out of the closet. Before leaving I stuck my necklace, AirPods and Ipod inside my bag. My hair was still double Dutch braided which kept it out of my face. I already had my leggings on, my grey sports bra and my t-shirt. The only clean items I had on were a fresh pair of socks and running shoes I kept in the closet. I wasn't concerned about being without a hoodie or a jacket. I was part werewolf after all.

Since it was dark I carried Lydia down the hallway, stairs and all the way to the study where we climbed down another set of steps into a tunnel beneath the cabin. Using my vapour I closed the secret trap door.

"Everyone okay?" I whispered, sniffing the tunnel first to make sure we were alone.

"We are." Aurora turned on a flashlight.

"Good." A wave of relief washed over me.

"What's going on?" Isiah's hand lit up with fire which showed his worried expression.

"We've been found." Aurora admitted. "We must go."

"We've practiced this many times before. Stick to the plan no matter what!" Jackson squeezed his sons shoulder before he took the lead. Isiah followed behind his father while Aurora stayed with Lydia. I was last in the line since I could smell and hear if the intruders were in the tunnel.