Chapter 6

A/N: Hey! Enjoy this chapter. All votes and comments will be greatly appreciated! :)

All rights reserved

©2012 Neroli Laverack

CHAPTER 6

I ended up returning to Charlie's house just after dark. When I walked in, they were all watching a movie. I didn't get a step through the door before Charlie greeted me with a face that could rival a tomato and a lecture of profanities and exclamations on how I shouldn't run out of the house without saying anything. I shot back saying that I'm not a teenager anymore and she shouldn't tell me what to do and I wouldn't have done it if she just told me the truth as soon as I was home. That shut her up pretty quickly.

I placed her keys on the coffee table and settled myself in the lounge chair for another round of questioning from Charlie; I shot her a defiant look, waiting for her to continue from the fit she pulled at the front door. Looking around the room I could see that the rest, Drew, Ron and Elle were giving me the same worried looks but a splash of irritation could be seen in the depths of their eyes. Elle was new, the others might have filled her in, and that's why she was standing beside Charlie with a look of anger and disappointment, I rolled my eyes and looked away from them to gaze uninterestingly out the window; I could feel them having a staring contest with the side of my face.

"Go ahead and say what you want to say. But not for too long, I am really tired - because of the jetlag as you know- so I'll be going to bed early. So why not let it all out now, hmm?" I finished with attitude and defiance slipping into my tone.

Charlie huffed and started with a finger pointed in my direction. "Louise? What the hell were you thinking? You didn't have to just run out like that. Did you end up going to Dad - Do you know-?" She stopped herself and looked at the ground with a heavy breath, exhaling.

Before Charlie's eyes hit the ground I stared into them, her blue eyes where more vibrant then ever against the rims which were red raw; I wasn't sure why or when she had been crying. Elle stepped forward and asked me again. "Where did you go Lou?" Elle sounded genuine and really wanted to know why I had run off, just as the others were about to tell me what's been going on lately. I looked down in my lap fiddling with a piece of lint on my track suit pants. My voice was a bit muffled when I responded because I was mumbling.

"I ran off because I wanted to get some answers and I thought Dad might be able to give them to me. I didn't like the fact that I had to scream in your faces for you guys to even consider telling me anything. It hurt," my voice was more clearer because I lifted my head to see my brothers and sisters eye to eye, "But when I got there, he looked so happy to see me and I was excited to see him that I totally forgot why I was there to begin with, it didn't dawn on me until I was opening the car door to drive back here that I forgot to ask for answers."

After I explained, I looked around the room to find my siblings staring at me with their mouths open. They all had a look of guilt and some relief settled in their eyes. Feeling uncomfortable with the expressions and the constant stares - I really have had enough with people staring at me - I cleared my throat to make them somehow snap out of the trances they were in, it was getting uncomfortable. It seemed to work as they went back to their normal stoic masks.

Elle was the one to speak first. "Louise, honey, if you wanted some answers so badly, you could have asked."

"I did Elle, countless times. Yesterday and this morning, I was getting sick of it." I was always the impatient one.

Charlie finally stood up and started to speak in a softer tone then before.

"We are sorry about that. But Lou, you look tired and this discussion will be better had tomorrow once everyone is fresh eyed and not so many mixed emotions."