Monsterphilia Shenanigans

"Hrah!"

Muramasa watched on as Bell swiftly dodged the goblin's overhead strikes and slashed its throat, casing a fountain of blood of squirt out before kicking it away. 

"Keep your eyes peeled and no unnecessary movements!" Muramasa yelled over the battle.

As Bell got to work attacking another goblin nearby, he couldn't help but find that his body was moving much faster than he remembered it could. Even as Muramasa shouted order from behind him, he didn't mind it at all. The fact that the person he wanted to desperately catch up to was monitoring his movements motivated him even more to fight harder.

A large shadow was cased over Bell, and he jumped back before a large frog could pounce on him. He then jumped up and jammed his knife into the monster's back, causing it to let out a death rattle before exploding into black ash.

"I-I did it!" Bell cheered.

But Bell's celebration was short-lived when he heard the noises of a Killer Ant slowly making its way behind him. He spun around to face it, but it was too late as it jumped from the ceiling it was crawling on and opened its mandibles for the kill.

"Kh...!" Bell gasped.

Bell then saw a flashing silver projectile slam right through the ant's head, killing it instantly before it could do any damage. It disintegrated into black dust and a small crystal dropped in front of Bell.

"I told ya to keep your eyes peeled!" Muramasa yelled in anger. 

"I-I'm sorry..." Bell whispered.

The swordsmith sighed and began to collect the magic stones that were littered around them. "Your reaction speeds are getting better and you're maintaining your cool for longer periods of time. But don't celebrate every time you do something that amazes you. Treat every battle as life or death."

Bell wordlessly nodded and helped Muramasa gather the dropped crystals. Even though he had nearly died, he didn't let that kill his mood. He could feel him getting stronger. That was more than enough for him.

"Our bags are full. Might as well call it a day." Muramasa said.

Bell nodded and the pair began to head back up to the surface. When they reached the safe zone known as Babel, they noticed several cages being hauled off. They began to rattle violently and their roars indicated that there were monsters inside.

"Are people allowed to keep monsters as pets?" Muramasa asked as he stared at the rattling cages.

"N-not that I know of," Bell then noticed a familiar face talking to one of the adventurers pulling the cages. "Oh, it's Eina. Maybe it's related to official Guild businesses?"

"What they do with monsters ain't none of our business. Let's just get back home." Muramasa said.

As they finally exited the dungeon and were out onto the surface, they saw Hestia in the midst of adventurers. 

"That's Goddess Hestia!" Bell said. "Goddess Hestia!"

"Ah!" Hestia instantly whipped around towards Bell's voice and ran towards them. "Finally found you two!"

"There a reason you were looking for us?" Muramasa asked. 

Hestia then grabbed onto Muramasa's sleeve and began to drag him along with her. "This is perfect. Muramasa, follow me!"

"...Mind explaining why you're trying to drag me around like a sack of potatoes?" Muramasa questioned. "What happened to that trade? Did you even talk to Hephaestus in that damn banquet?"