ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ • ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Dear Mr.Right

Going on a road trip today, it's not exactly what I had planned, but I'm still so excited. Before I was in a relationship I would always say "you put ya' trust in a nigga, stupid hoe how you figure," whenever a guy made someone look stupid. But man...now that I was the one who was putting MY trust in a nigga—now...I get it.

this man had me wrapped around his huge ass finger.

"what do you mean canceled!?" I whined, feeling the tears swell in my eyes

"yeah love, it's all over social media. They're expecting a hurricane down there so they canceled the festival." Yamir explained.

"—check your email they might've sent you something." He added.

As he said, I checked my email, and lo and behold—they did in fact send me an email informing me about the cancellation.

"Oh my god." I groaned, throwing myself back against my bed.

"—this is so fucking stupid." I sniffed, failing at holding back the impending tears.

"hey wait—baby don't cry, look up," Yamir spoke immediately from the phone.

He FaceTimed me about five minutes ago to let me know the show was canceled. And here I thought he was calling to let me know he was outside—I had my bags packed and everything.

"This just isn't fair Yamir." I shook my head, wiping my face before placing it in the camera.

I watched as his eyes scanned my appearance as he spoke, "why are you crying, im not upset—trust me it's okay." He told me genuinely.

"No it's not—I planned this for your birthday and I was so excited that you were excited, and my dad was finally allowing me to actually go somewhere." I ranted.

"we can still go somewhere.." he spoke up.

"what?" I sniffed.

"First I'm gonna need you to stop crying," he said gently, "I don't like seeing that."

"I'm okay." I reassured, again wiping my eyes.

"well I remember you saying you wanted to live in a snowy type cottage when you're older.." he started.

"—and like I told you, my family has one, and we barely use it."

My eyes lit up when I realized what he was saying, "do you even want to do that though—that was my dream, not yours."

"I wanna do whatever makes you happy, and whatever allows us to just spend time together—uninterrupted and isolated." He explained.

The sadness began to dissipate and excitement overtook it at that moment.

"Are your parents okay with that?" I asked.

"Yeah, they like you." He said simply, plastering a smile on my face.