~5~

The shiny gleam of my ship's exterior shell reflected back at me, the buttons and lights on it dully beeping around as if nothing near catastrophic almost happened to its owner.

"W-was I pushed!?"

I looked around my boat to see any indication of if I'd unknowingly installed a rocket launcher to the back of it.

My mind worked in overtime to try and fathom how in the name of this extraterrestrial world I'd made a 6-hour journey in less than 20 minutes...without even knowing or feeling it!

I'd have thrown out the accusation that I was on a reality tv prank show if I wasn't absolutely sure I was the only person on Titan.

.

.

.

Or was I?

The one singular thought popped up in my head out of nowhere.

What if I wasn't alone here?

What if there were others?

I swiftly dismissed the notion of other living entities being on Titan. If there were, why hadn't they contacted me for the many months I had arrived?

Hell, why hadn't they killed me?

I have not felt the touch of another living thing for over 3 years. If there had been other living things around me but choose to keep their distance away, that would just be cruel.

I'd telegraphed my location and presence all throughout my first years of space expedition to anything in the cosmos that would listen.

I constantly send out radio, infrared, and basic sound waves every chance I got.

But there are only so many times a person can yell into the void before they get tired and stop.

Sometimes accepting that you're alone is better than constantly seeking out company that may not be there.

I lifted up my hand to alleviate my headache by loosening the tight ponytail I'd wrestled my coils into, properly banishing from my mind any thoughts of someone or something being on Titan with me.

When I saw a hand plop onto the edge of my boat.

It was semi-translucent and yellow, making it blend more easily with the boat and easy to miss unless you were looking.

I blinked once.

Twice.

Made sure I truly wasn't seeing things.

And proceeded to scream my head off.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

My high-pitched screams echoed out in a loud boom.

Disrupting the ever-calm waters of Titan and racing out in all directions for miles, creating ripples across the surface like a sonic boom.

Without even looking properly to determine where I was going, I jump backwards in a mighty leap to land on the side of my ship and scramble to head inside.

My hands desperately reach for the sidebars for support, gripping them in a death grip as I don't want to turn my back on the hand that was steadily growing into an arm as it pulled the rest of itself out of the water.

I make it to my door and turn around to see another, grey and semi-translucent, hand slam down on the top of my ship.

I scream even harder, as if that would do anything, as I fling the door open and tumbled inside.