04

I sit up as I hear the familiar rumbling of engines.

I stand and walk over to the front door, walking out of the house.

I see two bikes rolling towards me and they stop, cutting the engine.

"Killer! Look at you! Looks like hog has you living the good life."Spike says, taking off his helmet.

"Is that what this is?"I ask as he and Drift stand from their bikes.

Spike hugs me tightly and chuckles as he pats my back.

"I almost didn't recognize you out of uniform Killer."Drift says.

"I know. You wouldn't believe the shit I done in the last 24 hours."I huff.

"You look exhausted."Spike says.

"I am. Dude, this neighbor chick right. Her fucking babysitter dips on the kids, and leaves them with me."I say, walking back towards the house as the following.

"No way. "Drift laughs.

"For real. And it was a baby of all things, ew."

...

Sky

I smile as I look down at Tiana, who was smiling back at me with her gums.

"Aren't you just the most beautiful little baby girl."I say softly as I tickle her ribs.

She lets out an adorable giggle and I smile, kissing her forehead.

"Moommmyyyyy.."

I look back and see Zac laying on the couch.

"I want attention toooo.."he groans.

"Well come here then gummy."I say.

He chuckles as he quickly gets up, walking over to me.

"Be careful, okay."I smile, wrapping my arm around him.

"You're a good mommy, mommy."Zac says, making me smile.

My lips quiver as I chuckle.

"Thank you baby."

Suddenly I hear a knock at my door.

I sit up, carefully shifting the baby as I stand.

I walk towards the kitchen door and open it, balancing the baby against my chest.

I see Damien standing with his back towards me.

He then turns around, nodding at me.

"Sup. You cookin'?"he asks.

I chuckle.

"Come in."I say, stepping aside.

He steps in as I see two more young men getting on to their motorcycles to leave.

"Friends of yours?"I ask, closing the door behind him.

"Brothers, actually."he says.

"Killer!"Zac says, attempting to run towards him.

Damien immediately puts his hand out, stopping Zac in his tracks by placing a large hand on the boys forehead.

Zac continues to try and hug him as he stands there confused.

"Get your dog, man."he says, stepping out of the way and sending Zac into me.

"He misses you."I chuckle as he hugs my legs.

"Whatever. What's for dinner?"he asks.

"I want to ride the motorcycle, mommy!"Zac says, tugging on my shirt.

"Well, motorcycles are pretty dangerous for little boys, you've gotta be a professional, like killer to ride them."I say, walking with him behind the counter.

"Can killer teach me? I wanna be professional too!"he says, making me chuckle.

"That takes a lot of time, little guy. I bet you don't even got your sea legs yet."Killer says.

"Sea legs?"Zac says.

"Balance. You gotta have good balance. And you haven't even grown into that gargantuan head of yours."Killer says, making me chuckle as I carefully pick up the baby.

"Here, so I can cook."I say, handing the baby over to killer.

"Shit."he says, making me blush as he carefully takes her from me.

"Why do you always say that when you have her?"I ask with a chuckle.

"I don't know. I ain't used to being careful like this."he says, carefully cradling the baby.

She smiles a big gummy smile at him, and he tries to hide his smile but fails.

"How old is she?"he asks, looking back at me.

"4 months next week."I say.

"Wow. So you just popped out, huh?"he says to the baby as I open the fridge.

"Yep. She's my princess."I shrug.

"I noticed that. Tiana. What's that one named after?"he asks, nodding to Zac.

"Um, his dads favorite cartoon character."I chuckle.

"What cartoon?"he asks, standing as I pull some salad and dressing from the fridge.

I huff before answering.

"Amazing world of gumball."

"Wow. Wheres dad now?"he asks with a chuckle.

"He got squished."Zac says.

"Zac."I say, folding my arms.

"Sorry mommy."he says.

I sigh as Killer looks back at me.

"...there was an accident at my husband's job. He didn't make it."I say, looking down at the salad as I dump it into a strainer to rinse.

"Oh. I'm so sorry."he says.

"It's okay. I'm making it work. We're okay."I say, smiling softly as I look at Tiana in his arms.

He looks down at her as well and I see a few emotions flash across his face.

"Hey...sh-she's a pretty cool baby, right?"he asks, making me chuckle.

"Yeah. She's only fussy when she's hungry really. That and gas. "I shrug.

"You got lucky then, huh."he says, rocking the baby as she reaches out, touching his face.

"I suppose so."I smile.

"Mommy, I have to find my folder!"Zac says.

"What? It's Saturday hon."I chuckle.

"It's actually Sunday."Killer says.

"No way."I say, dropping the strainer in the sink and running towards the calendar that hung in that hall.

"Shit. Shit! God damn it I overfilled my schedule."I say quietly as Killer walks over to me, cradling the baby.

"What's up?"he asks as I press my forehead against the wall.

"I picked up a few more shifts so I could afford to buy my mother in laws medication in bulk. I-i didn't realize that it was Sunday, I basically lost an entire day."I say.

"Well, hey I know we haven't known each other for a while but I'd be willing to help out with anything if you need it. I mean, I don't have anything to do for the next two months."he shrugs.

I sit up.

"Really?"I question.

"Sure."he says.

I smile.

"You're pretty sweet for a guy named killer."I say.

He shrugs.

"Hey, it's a nickname you know."he says, walking back towards the bar.