17

heeseung's pov
her phone buzzed, ruining the moment. i cleared my throat, watching as she declined who ever just called her.

"do you like me?" she asks me out of the blue.

yes, i do.

silence fell upon us. chaeyon watching me, waiting for an answer.

" i d-"

"n-nevermind, sorry if i made you uncomfortable." she said smiling at me. standing up and brushing off the dust on her outfit. "let's go, evening party next!!" she pulled me up and dragged me downstairs to her car to take me to wherever she planned her evening party.

☔︎︎

chaeyon's pov
"can you drive?" i asked him. "i don't want to text and drive you know it can b-" "yeah no problem" he said, smiling.. gosh i'm so stupid. i shouldn't have asked him if he liked me, it totally ruined the fucking moment.

it was an awkward, and quiet ride.. GODAMMWMWMWM I REALLY RUINED OUR FRIENDSHIP I HATE MYSELLFF URGRHJTTJJT

"you okay?" heeseung asked me, making dart my head at him. WHAT DO YOU MEAN ARE YOU OKAY???? IM SITTING IN A CAR WITH MY CRUSH SLASH THE LEE HEESEUNG LIKE WHAT SLASH I JUST BASICALLY RUINED OUR FRIENDSHIP WITH ONE QUESTION.

"why do you ask that?"

"you were suppose to text your friends the location and stuff for you party like 15 minutes ago"

"ah. okay. wait have you picked up my dress yet it's at my house"

"we already did."

"ah."

"you okay?"

"mhm, i'm fine" i said, smiling at him.

ミ★

"5:59 PM"

(a/n: chae's dress 😘)

heeseung's povshe's always so pretty, so stunning that it takes my breath away

heeseung's pov
she's always so pretty, so stunning that it takes my breath away. her in that red, fitting dress gave me butterflies. She's always has great fashion in clothes, but this specific dress really made me.. i don't know? it's just so. amazing? pretty? GOSH SHE'S SO PRETTY MY INSIDES ARE EXPLODING! KJSSKJSKS

"YAH BIRTHDAY GIRLL" a random guy around chaeyon's age said to her.. putting his left arm around her shoulder. he's kinda handsome, i'll give him that but who is he to touch my chaeyon? "woo-in!! i haven't seen you in a while! you look good" she hugged him slightly. i bawled my hands into a fist in anger. another guy.

"heeseung!" chaeyon said, pulling that woo-in guy's hand while walking forward to me.. "yeah?" i say, tucking a side of her hair behind her ears

"woah, yonie i didn't know you had a boyfriend? ayeee isn't that lee heeseung from enhypen?"

yonie? who is he to give her a nickname?

"mhm! heeseung-ah, he's my highschool friend." she said smiling at me, making sure i don't get the wrong idea. "and he's not my boyfriend" she says

not yet.

"OMO?! DONUT GIRL!" a male's voice was heard from a distance, directing it to chaeyon. donut girl? he was slightly overweight, but handsome.. (a/n: not bodyshaming, just describing the character) the person who said that came close.. "stop calling her donut girl man. it was only once" another guy, skinny, tall, and handsome said hitting the guy slightly. "yeah hyeok-a, it's the past" chaeyon said, defending herself, slightly hitting the guy who called her donut girl's shoulder. i didn't know she had many male friends because she seemed to get along with girls more? i guess her humour just fits in with the dudes? "you look so good in that red dress. i remember when baek-hyun was totally inlove with you when you wore a different red dress to prom" another guy who seemed slightly shorter than the skinny and tall guy.. inlove with chaeyon? ..

"hi" i said, feeling left out due to the amount of guy friends she has.

"OH RIGHT SORRY I FORGOT TO INTRODUCE! okay so the guy who called me donut girl is hyeok-a, 22 this year i think? the guy who hit him is baek-hyun, 23 last january, the shorty is jeong-dae, 22, amd the guy who put his arm on my shoulder is jiyoon!"

"what's up with the donut girl thing?, and when jeong-dae said baek-hyun liked you?"

"ah, don't worry about that man!! he's not trying to steal your girl it was like a 2 day crush and that was the past." jeong-dae said, reassuring me. pft. 2 day crush my ass, it's so obvious baek-hyun like chaeyon for a longer time.

"oh! and when we were in highschool, there was like a pet day so yonie just gave out pets donuts not knowing there was chocolate amd vanilla filling inside, which is bad for our pets so we had to take them to the vet and stuff." hyeok-a said, laughing at the memory.

"don't worry man, we didn't didn't bully her because she did that, she was really clumsy and half of the school including girls had a thing on her so we gave her an exception" jiyoon said, ruffling chaeyon's hair. sure.. 'had' a thing for her, who knows they still do?

"did you guys have a thing for her?" i asked them. out of curiosity of course. it's not like i'd punch them then bang their heads on the table! 😇🙏🏻

"yeah. we all did man, almost all the guys liked her but don't worry, we don't now because she basically rejected all of us by saying how much she loved you, and telling everyone you guy's future kid's names once she marries yo-"

"ALRIGHT!! YOU GUYS CAN GO AWAY." chaeyon said, putting her hands in the guy's mouth before he could say anything further and pushing them away.

"okay so like you may think i'm crazy and shit but i'm not, okay??? all the fans are like that and i'm not a saesang just because i was in a really obsessed phase. and that time you looked good because it was still i-land era so like yk..🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ ." she ranted, explaining herself..

"why? is present me not as handsome as i-land me?" i pretended to be offended, putting my hand on my chest, gasping.

"whatever" she rolled her eyes, walking away to talk to her other friends.

after a few more hours, most elders went home and chaeyon wore comfier clothes unlike those dresses. the birthday party was now more like a birthday party instead of a ball for cinderella. everyone has fun, they drank, talked, laughed, and so on..