𓍊𓋼 How to come out 𓋼𓍊

First step: Don't. 

Don't come out unless you know that person is 100% open-minded, supportive, adaptive, and won't tell people who you don't want to know you're a therian. 

A lot of therians will likely tell you not to come out. It's dangerous to be openly a therian, especially in real life, with social media. People will likely make a TikTok about it shaming and humiliating you. I've seen far too many TikToks of the type... And you don't HAVE to come out. It's not completely necessary. 

If you really want to come out, though, I'll tell you some things to be able to come out safely. 

1.) Ask the person's opinion on the subject.

If they react negatively, don't try to push it, either don't come out to them or try again later. If you feel like it's necessary, play along with whatever they're saying to make sure they don't suspect you of anything. 
If they don't know anything about therianthropy, explain it to them and then repeat this step. 
If they react neutrally, move onto the next step. 
If they react positively, move onto the next step. 

2.) Ask them how they would feel if someone close to them was a therian. 

If they react negatively, don't come out or try again later. If you feel like it's necessary, play along with whatever they're saying to make sure they don't suspect you of anything.
If they react neutrally, move onto the next step. 
If they react positively, move onto the next step. 

3.) Tell them you're a therian. 

If they react negatively, just tell them you were joking and maybe make some stuff about therians, as horrible as that sounds. It's better to be safe than sorry. 
If they react neutrally, maybe try not to talk about it too much, but at least you know they don't outright reject the idea. 
If they react positively, then it's ok! 

I know this might seem harsh, but like I said, it's better to be safe than sorry. There is a lot of hate towards therians because we're "weird", "cringy" or "edgy". While this happens mostly online, coming out in real life might not be the best idea either because people can physically hurt you. I'm not trying to scare you, and if you really want to try and come out to a few people, then that's totally ok, but please don't feel pressured to come out (or not come out)! 

I hope this chapter helps, the next chapter will be about the dangers and risks of being a therian. 

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆