Chapter 1- ... Ready For It?

Jennifer's POV

     It wasn't even a month after my girlfriend left for college did I first get hit on. We were not publicly dating because we were both worried it would ruin her image as a basketball player. I went her high school and was best friends with her younger brother Colin which was actually how we met. Our families and our closest friends were the only people who knew we were together. I was really good friends with all of Caitlin's teammates plus her friends that she played US Basketball with, Paige and Hailey. I had weekly calls with both Paige and Hailey, they were the sweetest girls ever. I was sad when Paige told me about her torn ACL, because that meant that she couldn't play this year. 

     I was a cheerleader at Dowling so I had popularity just because I was a cheerleader. It also helped I was best friends with Colin who was popular because of Caitlin.  Joey walked up to me that day and I was so confused because what does he want to talk to me about.

    "Hey Jennifer, I was wondering if you had a date to homecoming?" Joey asked.

    "No, why?" I replied.

     "Well, because I was thinking we could go together," He said, " We are both popular and hot people so we could go together and it wouldn't be weird."

     "I'll think about it," I responded.

      "Cool," was all he said before he walked away. These things had happened before. Boy needs a date for something so he goes to the hottest girl in the school without a boyfriend, AKA me. 

      "What did Joey want?" Colin asked as he walked over to me out of his Physics classroom. 

     "Same thing they all want. A date to Homecoming," I replied. 

     "You told him no right?" He questioned, "Please tell me you told him no."

     "I told him the same thing I tell all of them, that I'll think about," I tell him.

    "So your totally not forgetting that one, your dating my sister, which is still really weird to say by the way, or the fact that Joey has been your boy crush since 4th grade?" Colin asked.

    Joey, Colin, and I have been going to school together since preschool. Every grade the three of us have been in the same class. In 4th grade is when I realized that boys were cute and Joey became my first crush. It wasn't until 7th grade that I realized that boys weren't the only ones for me, girls were pretty cute too. In 8th grade I realized I finally realized I was bi and not a moment to soon because by the next years winter break, my freshman year of high school, was I dating Caitlin. This was my senior year of high school and I was considering saying yes to Joey because I had never had a date to a dance my whole high school career. 

     "No, but it's my senior year of high school. I want at least one dance where I have a date," I told Colin, "It's just one dance with a guy I have known my whole life it's not that bad."

    "Have you met your girlfriend who's also my sister? She gets crazy jealous even if you hang out with Gabbie" was Colin's rebuttal, "Do you not remember the Fireball incident of 2020?"

    "That was a totally different situation. He kissed me remember?" I said.

    "But I also remember Caitlin punching him and breaking his nose," was all Colin had to say before I realized he was probably right. Caitlin had a habit of getting mad at people who were flirting with me or even just talking with me. I would have to think about this before I made any final decisions.