Chapter 2- This Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Caitlin's POV

     It was finally the weekend and I was excited to see my girlfriend again. I hadn't seen her in a month which sucked, but we did facetime and text everyday, but wasn't the same as seeing her in person. Jennifer was coming up to see the Iowa football game that Monika, Kate, and I were going to be on Fox for the Big Noon Kickoff. The whole team was going down to downtown Iowa City today to see fans and have a shooting competition with some old players that were on Fox like Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush. I had convinced Jennifer to not go to school today and just drive up in the morning so she could meet all the new girls. She knew all the returners, but she hadn't met the freshman or Molly yet because she was either busy with school or had cheer practices over the summer. 

     I was hanging out with Gabbie, Monika, Kate, McKenna, Taylor, and Jada when I had finally got the text I was waiting for. 

Princess

I'm here! 

CC for Three

                                                                                                                                                   On my way down

      "She' here!" was all I had to say before Gabbie, Monika, Kate, and McKenna jumped up and ran downstairs before I could even say anything else.

      "Who's here?" questioned Taylor.

       "My girlfriend who has been dying to meet all of you guys," I replied, "So if you guys would like to meet her you can come down because she just got here."

      Jada and Taylor walked down to meet Jennifer while I texted the rest of the team in the team group chat that Jennifer was here.

Jennifer's POV

    "I told you to break up with her like a week ago didn't I?" I asked Paige as I pulled into the parking lot where Caitlin lived.

    "You did but I think I might be in love with her," was Paige's reply.

     "She cheated on you remember? She also was not their when you had you ACL surgery. Does that not ring any bells," was my response.

     "But, she's changed," Paige said. 

     "It's been 2 months stop using that excuse," I told her, "I love you Paige but you are so much better and worth so much more than someone who consistently hurts you." 

     "I know but," Paige tried to make an excuse.

      "No buts. I will help you find a new girlfriend if that's what you want. I will even fly out to Connecticut But you are breaking up with Noel," I stated. 

       "Fine! But you better find me a really cool girlfriend who likes basketball and you have to come to all of Uconn's March Madness games this year, and cheer for us and not the other team." Paige finalized.

     "Your joking, right?" I asked. Paige shook her head. "Ok deal, but only because I love you and want what's best for you. I want some sort of proof though so I know you actually broke up with her and are not lying about breaking up with her."

     "Awesome! I will get you your proof." Paige exclaimed.

     "As much as I love making terrible compromises, for me at least, I am here and have to go before I get and angry text from Caitlin telling me to get out of the car and come see her," I told Paige.

     "She does that?" Paige questions.

     "Oh yeah, and here it is now," I said.

CC for 3 

I see your car now get out of it and come see me. 😠😁😁

       "What does it say?" Paige askes. 

       "Caitlin told me to and I quote, 'I see your car now get out of it and come see me.' With some emoji's that I'm not listing." I shared.

       "Then get out of the car and say hello and I will call you in an hour with the noise of me breaking up with Noel." Paige told me.

       "Did you guys make the relationship public?" I asked. Paige shook her head. "Then this will be a lot easier. You won't have to tell the public your broken up."

      "That's nice, but you have a girlfriend who really wants to see you so goodbye. I love you" Paige said.

      "Love you too! Bye!" I ended the facetime call and turned off my Jeep before hopping out. As soon as I stepped out of my Jeep Caitlin ran at me and I prepared myself for a collision. I was correct as Caitlin jumped into my arms. 

An- I wanted to get something out tonight for you guys to read as I have not have had a lot of time to write in the past 2 day. I will be continuing to add to this chapter and hope to have finished it by Friday night as I am going to a concert tomorrow and will not be able to write as mush as I would like to. I hope you understand!!