something crazy

AN 3 chapter streak! I am slaying!! Thank you for all the love and support! It's so nice to come back after a year long hiatus and still have such a supportive community!

"You know when I thought something was up?" Sal asked, continuing the conversation about all the signs Larry had missed. "The first time I met her. She seemed disappointed Larry didn't ask her to hang out one-on-one, but what really convinced me was that look her and Maple shared after. It's like you've got your own secret language."

"I wish someone would have told me these signs!" Larry laughed "Man, did everyone know but me?"

"I mean, obviously I knew." Ash laughed. "I'm not sure. We'll have to ask Todd and Chug to know for sure,"

Sals phone buzzed, it was Travis.

"It's him," Sal smiled, unlocking his phone.

Can I ask you something crazy?

"He wants to ask me something," Sal relayed to his friends. Not knowing made him anxious, so having Ash and Larry with him.

Always
Also I miss you already

"He misses me already!" Travis whispered to Maria. "I miss him too. I wish you could have met him! He's the sweetest."

I miss you too

"Travis put the phone down!" Maria urged "You're gonna do something you can't undo."

"I'm not doing anything bad!" Travis whined "You're distracting me, he's probably so nervous right now."

He was. "Telling me he misses me isn't asking me something weird right? There's more coming right? Oh my God is he typing something really long?"

Ash laughed. "I'm sorry its not funny, I know you're very worried. I just find it cute how you always understand other people's relationship but dealing with your own freaks you out,"

"No one's ever wanted to date me before," Sal whispered "he made me feel," he trailed off remembering all the sweet moments hed had with Travis.

By the end of the night the words "you look nice," were insignificant amongst all the other compliments he'd been given, but it was the first one he'd received out of the blue like that sense the accident.

"I still think you look beautiful." That was when he took out his glass eye. And the way he showered him in compliments as soon as he noticed how good they made him feel.  The way he always stood so close, the way he held him.

"beautiful," Sal gushed.

His mind started to wander: how would he have reacted if i made the first move? Sal realized Travis had been taking the initive in their relationship so far. What if Travis thinks I don't like him.

I'm sorry I didn't text you sooner. I'm catching up with some friends!

Travis' heart raced faster than when he was running.

Did you tell them about me?

Sal bit his lip hard. He tasted blood, but that part of his mouth was numb. Oh my God I fucked up. Sals fingers rapid field messages at Travis.

I'm so sorry
I didn't give them a name
I should have asked
I know this is really new for you
Are you mad at me?
Are you okay?

The phone started to buzz, it was Travis. Sal picked up the phone and stated reciting apologies.

"It's okay. I still love you. I'm not mad," Travis slurred.