Chapter 2.3.1 The Observer (Part 2) [micro-chapter] V2.1

Light years away from the Sol system somewhere in deep space, a gravity wave observation station detected repeating anomalous readings. The off-scale gravity waves occurred every 1.04 micro-cycles on a repeating but non-continuous pattern. This had never been seen before. It was if the gravity waves appeared out of nowhere and then just stopped. The astronomer immediately recognized the prime numbers and correctly surmised that this was something new and never before seen and was definitely the product of intelligence. Further investigation was warranted.

The one meter tall Almand astronomer stared with his angular shaped eyes at his instruments and thought: What could be causing G wave distortions of this magnitude?

He input a message into the comm unit with his pale green fingers; reported the strange readings back to the Web and awaited instructions. He then continued his observations as he has done for so many cycles.

He did not know that the signals had traveled the 20 odd light years from the system of origin to his station in just under two point eight sub-cycles. This was the equivalent of 110 times the speed of light in a vacuum...