Earthrise: 2176 Prequels and Short Stories

There are two prequels and two short stories written in the universe of Earthrise: 2176. 

They are as follows:

1. The short story Earthrise: 2115 - Classified Top Secret

https://www.wattpad.com/111554871-earthrise-2115-classified-top-secret

2.  The short story Message from the Future

https://www.wattpad.com/202048287-message-from-the-future

3.  The novel Lost Somewhere in Time

https://www.wattpad.com/story/47146298-lost-somewhere-in-time 

4.  The novella Earthrise: 2115 - First Contact

https://www.wattpad.com/story/182055603-earthrise-2115-first-contact

Lost: Somewhere in Time

James Robert Scott is the great-grandfather of Doctor Robert Scott. The story takes place in the Earthrise universe shortly after the founding of the North American Alliance and begins in the year 2045. 

Spoiler Alert: Somewhere in the galaxy, the Observers have detected the use of the prohibited tachyon technology but cannot yet locate the source...they continue to search. If you liked Earthrise: 2176, I think that you will enjoy Lost: Somewhere in Time. Here is a sneak peek of the prologue and the first part of chapter 1.

**

Lost: Somewhere in Time

Copyright © 2015 J.C. Gunn

PROLOGUE

TIME-COORD: 12/21/2039/1030hrs. GEO-COORD: Cleveland, North American Alliance. Vector: Null.

They came to James' classroom on Tuesday morning. His eighth-grade history class was learning about the War of 1812. James had always enjoyed studying history. The headmaster of the University School interrupted the lecture, stepped over to James' desk and gestured for him to get up and follow the gray-bearded academic into the hall. James noticed that the school nurse and chaplain were both waiting in the empty corridor. Between them was a man in a dark suit. James did not recognize him, but he knew something was wrong, terribly wrong.

**

Five years later, James had turned 19 and was of legal age. He quietly finished the last exam of his final year at the prestigious boarding school he had attended for the last eight years and was checking his essay on the padd one last time before turning it in. He and his three best friends had all stayed an extra year to complete all of their General Education requirements before starting a three-year University program. He was sad to be leaving the old boarding school which he had called home since his parents had died in a horrible aircar crash on that icy December night. 

Just as had happened five years earlier, the old headmaster opened the door and this time he just nodded for James to follow. The school's rules for visitors were slightly less restrictive for graduating seniors especially those with a full ride scholarship to Harvard. James' teacher gestured to the classroom door. "Please Mister Scott. You are excused; it seems that this must be important."

"Thank you, ma'am, my exam is complete. I'll just be a moment."

James handed the padd to his teacher. The young woman smiled. "Another perfect score I'm sure. Take your time Mister Scott."

James left the classroom, quietly closed the door behind him and followed the headmaster. They walked silently through the empty hallway and to the inner sanctum of Dr. W.K. Gunn's office. Waiting in the comfortable old leather chair was the same attorney who brought the news of James' parent's death five years earlier. He seemed to be wearing exactly the same suit. The well-dressed man had a formal look on his face and a briefcase cabled to his wrist. "Mister James Scott II?"