4.0

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned."

~ Peter Marshal

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

As the sunlight entered the room, Ali woke up from his peaceful sleep. He freshened up and went downstairs. The youngsters were sitting there except for Amira.

"Wow. You woke up early on a Saturday?! How come?" Ali rolled his eyes on Raiyyan's sarcastic remark. "Shut up!" Ali's voice was stern. That time his eyes fell on Amira who walked out with a dish and kept it on the table. He couldn't stop himself from remembering last night. Amira ignored them completely.

"Ali, were you drunk again last night?" Ali smirked at this question. "Exceptionally not, Bhai. I was sober." Amira dropped the plate she was keeping there by hearing this. She looked at Ali without blinking. "What the hell Amira." Amira flinched at her brother's voice. She looked at Faisal who was glaring at her. "Sorry! I will clean up." Her meek voice came. Ali looked at her to see her bending down. He stood up. "Come to the room! NOW!" Amira looked at him and so did others. He was walking away. Amira was unsure whom he said this to. "Amira go. Ali is calling you! Servants will do this." Amira saw Raiyyan who signed her to go fast. Amira went to their room. She saw Ali standing there.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to break it. Last night I thought it would lessen your headache without medicine. Too many medicines are dangerous and you eat too many. I am sorry. Please don't hit me! I won't repeat it. I am sorry." Amira just spoke without waiting, closing her eyes. "You regret helping me out or helping me out while I was sober?" Amira looked at him shocked. "I... I do not re... regret!" She stammered feeling uneasy. He took an envelope and passed it to her. "Fill this up and give it to me. I will submit it." Amira looked shocked at him. She saw admission letter.

"This..." Amira looked at him. "Your studies are important!" Ali was cold but this one sentence put a lot of warm emotions in her heart. "I have already applied. I just have to fill in the fees." Embarrassed was a small word to describe what she was feeling while saying this. Ali looked at her for a good minute before holding her hand and almost dragging her outside. Amira was trying to match his pace. Others were confused. "Ali, what happened?" Raiyyan was the only one bothered enough to ask. Ali paid no heed to him. The elders came out and saw this too.

"Ali, how are you behaving with Amira?" Aabid almost shouted at Ali. But he was long away. Ayesha was stunned to see her son's doings. "Haya and I will go after them!" Haya and Raiyyan left too.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

The car stopped in front of a bank. Amira was just looking clueless. "Follow me!" Ali walked inside and Amira followed him. They reached a cabin. Ali pulled both chairs and sat on one. Amira sat on the other one. That time one manager came inside. "You here sir? How can I help you?" "I want to turn my bank account into a joint account!" "Sure Sir. Who's the second account holder?" Ali turned silent. "Amira!" Amira looked shocked at him. Why was he making a joint account with her? "Whole name?" Ali looks at her.

"Amira Ali Akhtar!" Amira felt weird by hearing this. There were too many emotions. Happiness, confusion, and a sense of being accepted maybe. The bank manager looked at Amira and asked her to fill out some forms. Amira's hands were shaking as she signed her name on the documents. She couldn't believe what was happening. Ali was finally acknowledging her as his partner, even though it was just a joint bank account. But isn't it said that little by little, a little becomes a lot. She was expecting a lot. And she knew it but as she read, "Your tiny efforts will ultimately create huge ripples of change on everything."

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Both were in the car again. Ali was about to drive off when there was a knock on the door. He saw there to find Raiyyan.

"What are you doing here?" Ali was confused by his sudden appearance.

"You dragged Amira in such an anger..."

"Hold on. I dragged her? When?" "Bhai you were dragging Amira!"

"I was taking her with me!" Amira looked at him with wide eyes. "You could have asked her to walk with love too! Never mind. Haya you had to go to the mall?"

"Amira, you also need something?" Amira looked at Haya and nodded a slight no.

"Aise kaise? You have been married for 4 months now. You didn't go shopping even once!" Raiyyan more than asking her was telling Ali this to knock some more sense into him. "Haya, Raiyyan can you both take her with you?" Ali looked at his cellphone.

"Sorry bhai. That will not be possible." Ali looks at her and nods knowing that Raiyyan had planned a date with Haya. They both left.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───