11.0

"Finding peace is an exploration of the heart, a journey into the depths where stillness resides."

~ Unknown

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

After the conversation, Ali searched for a discreet solution the whole night. The only thing that came to his mind was using a private investigator and searching for her himself. He made the choice to hire a private investigator, someone who could unveil the whereabouts of his missing wife. Ali's first idea to find her was reaching out to everyone where she could stay a night. Mostly friends. It was known to him that he was not involved much in her life in their short span of marriage, yet he expected some help from someone who was longer in her life or more involved with her.

Unlike his regular routine he woke up at 8am and got ready. Leaving breakfast or family talks aside, he reached a café. Asif was already sitting there. Ali sat opposite to him and greeted him. In pursuit of more information about Amira's social circles, Ali turned to Asif. Ali hoped he would know more about it since he lived 18 years with her, though she was never in his talks. The café carried a nice scent and distant murmurs. There was a pretty silence in between them before Ali decided to address his thoughts.

"Asif, I need your help. It's been days. Amira was supposed to be with you all but she's not. She's missing. No one seems to know about her whereabouts. I am getting worried about her whereabouts. Do you have any information or ideas about her friends? Or her favorite places? Or somewhere she could go. Anything that could help me find her?"

Asif's response was far from what Ali expected. He shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee. "Why should I know anything about her or her friends or where she hangs out?"

"Bhai, she lived 18 years with you. You must know something at least? She is your sister. You shared a place. She must have brought someone home or something." Ali's frustration simmered beneath the surface, but he pressed on. "I need any information you might have."

Asif sighed, his disinterest being unchanged. "Look, Ali, I don't know where she is. Maybe she went off somewhere. Who knows? It's not my problem. And it shouldn't be yours either. Uncle forced her on you. She's off the hook now. So now uncle won't pressurize you either. Just marry any girl you want to. Let her be wherever she is."

Shocked was an understatement at what Ali was currently feeling about Asif's lack of concern. His shock and frustration reached a boiling point. Asif was not even trying to understand how serious this situation was. "She can be in serious trouble, Asif. Aren't you even concerned a bit? What if she's kidnapped?"

"Only a stupid would kidnap her. So don't worry much. She herself took off somewhere afraid from responsibilities. Now don't spoil my morning mood with her talks. Please." Ali looked at him for a good minute before standing up and leaving the place. His attempt to find any help remained unsuccessful. He heard his name from the back but didn't bother to look back. A similar conversation did happen with Abram and Faisal too. The acknowledgment he got — She was a mystery to her own family.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

The day wore on, marked by Ali's fruitless attempts to gather information about Amira. The evening got him more hopes, as Ali decided to visit Amira's family home. He hoped to find some clues or insights into her disappearance. As he approached the familiar surroundings, the air was thick with tension and uncertainty. The encounters in the morning with her brothers were still fresh in his mind. He was unsure how someone's siblings could hate her so much and be unaware about anything relevant.