Part 10

ROSALIE

I wake with a groan of pain. My whole body feels exhausted. I carefully roll to my side and scream upon looking into a woman's dead eyes.

Oh god, where's my baby?

I yell for D until my throat hurts then carefully limp away from the bed and turn on the shower to rinse the blood off me and get a drink.

I slump against the wall as tears trickle down my face.

The next time I wake is to D pulling the woman's body out of the room.

"Where's my baby?"

"She didn't make it, why do you think I killed I'm the doctor."

"What?" I squeak. "No, you're lying, I know you're lying. Where is she?"

"She's not here, I got rid of her, you'll never see her again."

"What do you mean you got rid of her?" I cry.

"Exactly as it sounds. She'll share a grave with this sorry excuse for a doctor."

"No, no! I want my baby. Bring me to her." I demand.

I take a step and immediately fall to my knees.

"You can't even walk. Besides you need to get better so we can get started on that son I need."

D drops the woman outside the door then comes back in and gathers her medical bag and my jeans and panties throwing them out of the room.

"Give me your shirt." He demands holding out his hand.

"No."

"You didn't think your little escape attempt would go unpunished did you?"

"You shot me! That's punishment enough."

"I told you that would happen if you didn't stop and you didn't listen. Now give me your shirt." He growls pressing his foot into the gunshot wound on my leg.

I let out a pained scream and try to push him off.

"Are you going to listen now?"

"Yes, yes! Just stop!" I cry.

He steps back and I pull my shirt over my head and throw it at him.

"Now your bra."

I sniffle a sob and undo the clasp before sliding it down my arms and tossing it on the ground.

"Good. Now that you're no longer pregnant things are going to change around here. See you soon My Little Flower."

As soon as the door shuts I let out a wailing sob and curl into a ball. I cry for the loss of my baby, of Aiden and Bailey, and for my freedom. I can only guess what D has planned and none of it is good.

———

I'm still on the ground when D returns. He glances over at me and rolls his eyes.