16

SIXTEEN
irl

PART TWO

"happy birthday guys!" anna wormed her way through the crowd of people in the living room and up to the triplets, completely ignoring fran's presence.

"thanks?" matt said while nick said nothing.

"i got you a gift, chris! sorry you two, i forgot to get you something." anna flashed a fake smile to the other brothers.

"yeah it's easy to forget that chris is a triplet and therefore has 2 brothers." nick rolled his eyes and sat on the couch, and matt joined him.

"you didn't have to get me anything." chris spoke to the girl in front of him.

audrey pulled fran to the side and whispered, "who the hell invited her? i mean seriously, this isn't just the triplets' party. it's yours too."

"i don't know. i need a drink." fran rushed off to the kitchen, pouring herself a strong vodka and soda.

audrey followed behind, also pouring herself a drink but she kept an eye on fran as she did so.
fran tipped her cup almost upside down as she quickly drank the contents in her cup, and immediately after started to pour another.

"fran, maybe slow down a little bit, okay?" audrey said, concern for her somewhat lightweight friend.

"i just cannot believe she's here. how does she have the nerve to continue where she left off in high school and then show up to MY birthday party?" fran rambled. it was usual that fran had no filter between her brain and her mouth whenever she had drank, so eventually things would start pouring out the more alcohol she consumed.

"what do you mean 'continue where she left off'? has she been threatening you again?" audrey could feel her temper rising, she may have let anna get away with it in high school, but she'd be damned if she let it happen now.

"she made a pathetic attempt at making me feel bad by calling me 'flat' and saying chris is probably happy that i got surgery so he isn't friends with an ugly loser. it's funny really." fran laughed as she explained what she hadn't told anyone.

"she said that? she actually said that to you?" audrey seethed through her teeth. who did anna think she was to say that?

"yeah and get this, i even cried about it to chris and didn't even tell him why!" fran continued to laugh.

"i'm going to kill that bitch."

"no need. she has no effect on me whatsoever." fran waved her off as she downed a shot.

audrey had a hard time believing that.

in the living room, the others were talking while anna droned on about whatever unimportant stories she had to tell chris.

dylan had just about enough of the desperate display anna was putting on, so he interrupted her.
"hey, annie, is it?" dylan stood.
"it's anna." the girl scoffed.

"yeah okay. just wondering, who invited you? because this was fran's party, not only the triplets'." he questioned her. he knew very well that fran wouldn't want her here.