19

CHAPTER NINETEEN
irl
(this one is for u keiaraMiller3 )

"if you change your outfit one more time i will burn all your clothes so you have no choice." audrey's voice came through the speaker of fran's phone.
fran had put her friends on facetime because she was struggling to choose an outfit for her date.

her date. with chris. she was going on a date with chris.
those words were all she could think of, all day an night, aside from what the hell am i going to wear?

"you don't understand. he texted me this morning and told me 'two o'clock, dress cute'," fran quoted chris, mocking him before continuing, "what does that even mean?"

rosie chimed in on the three way call.
"wait so he didn't even tell you where you were going?" she puzzled.

"no. not even a hint. can you see why i'm stressed? what if i do 'wear heels' cute and we go to the beach? or if i wear a cropped top with my dunks and he takes me to a fancy restaurant? why are boys so weird?" fran rambled on while rummaging through her wardrobe.

"i just need to find a middle ground." she stated.

"you need to find an exorcist." audrey joked through the phone, to which fran held up the finger without even turning back from her wardrobe.

"i want this to be perfect, that's all."

"i'm gonna tell you something honestly, fran. you could show up in a paper bag with bedhead and he would still think you looked amazing." rosie explained.

fran walked up to her phone which was stood at her desk, and kissed the camera.

"thank you rosie. and thank you audrey, i guess."

"okay whatever. go get ready it's 12:30."

fran spent the next hour doing her makeup with such precision that it was most likely exactly symmetrical, and changed her outfit once more.
luckily, the makeup she did could match with any outfit she chose so she didn't have to redo it.

she waited for chris' car honking like he usually did when he picked her up from her house.
but it never came.

instead, she heard 5 knocks on her door, a telltale sign that it was chris as they made up their own signature knock as kids.

she quickly walked towards the door and pulled it towards her.

"are you ready...?" he asked the girl, but trailed off as he took in her appearance.

"yeah, i'm ready.... what is it?" fran wondered if she wore the wrong outfit and looked silly, or overdressed, or underdressed, or–

"you look beautiful."

fran couldn't help the smile creep onto her face as he complimented her. the best part about it was that she didn't have to worry about the blush that always dominated her cheeks when he was around, because she knew he felt the same.

"thank you, so do you." fran answered sheepishly after she realised she was silent for way too long.

"should we go?" chris gestured towards his car.