3.

The next morning, Lydia and Kitty after returning from their aunts's, Mrs Philips. Started talking about the militia that had settlers at Meryton. Both the girls kept taking about the officers as their new topic of interest, forgetting all about Mr Bingley and his hefty fortune.

"It was to remain at Meryton the whole winter mamma!" Said Kitty with excitement.

"My aunt says Colonel Forster and Captain Carter do not often go to Miss Watson's as they did when they first came, she sees them not very often standing at Clark's library." Said Lydia enthusiastically.

"Well, my apologies Miss Woods, for spoilling your afternoon with this conversation. From all I can collect in their manner of talking, they must be two of the silliest girls in the country. I have suspected it some time and now I am convinced." Says Mr Bennet pitifully. Kitty felt the insult and kept quit but Lydia without any affect went on and on.

"Miss Woods, is there militia in your country?" Kitty asked curiously.

"Yes we have an army in America. It is mainly used for wars like the ones in Afghanistan and Vietnam...." I said without a second thought.

"Afghanistan and Vietnam?" What places are they? Kitty asked confused.

Well, you'll have to get me a map if you want to see," I said nervously.

"Have you met an officer?" Asked Lydia suddenly, interrupting Kitty and my conversation.

"Of course I have."

"Well I reckon, the Malitia here is better than you county's," Lydia said irritated.

"Lydia!" Called out Jane. "I apologise Miss Woods, Lydia and Kitty are young and immature still, do not mind their words."

"Indeed young and stupid, I thought. How should I deal with the Lydia and Wickham problem? I certainly cannot let her just run away with that loser!" I thought.

A footman comes with a note for Miss Bennet from Netherfield, with a servant wanting for an answer. Janes eyes sparked as she egarly started to read it.

"Miss Bingley and Miss Hurst have invited me to dine with them today. Can I have the carriage," Jane asks.

"No!" Says Mrs Bennett after little contemplation "You better go on horseback, because it seems likely to rain—then you must stay all night." Schemes Mrs Bennet.

"But mamma..." objects Jane.

"Besides you father cannot spare the horses, I am sure they are wanted at the farm, Mr Bennet, are they not?

"They are wanted at the farm much oftener than I can get them but.."

There is no need my dear, I am sure you will be just fine." She decides as Jane was obliged to go on horseback.

I didn't involve myself in Janes situation as if I prevented her from going and getting ill, she might not stay the night at Netherfield, then Bingley and she might not fall for each other. Therefore I had to forbear myself from objecting to Mrs Bennet schemes.

"Jane, take this." I handed Jane an extra coat, feeling extremely guilty about not being able to help her.

"Take care Aria," she said before departing.

As it happens in the novel, it starts raining in no time, which made Mrs Bennet very happy and certain that she will have to spend the night at Netherfield. Soon a letter arrives from Jane.

"Oh let me see how Jane is doing," Mrs Bennet rushes to open the letter before handing it to me. "It is addressed to you Miss Woods," she says disappointed. "Do hurry up and read it," she says, now showing concern for her daughter's well-being.