11.

In the summer I was to accompany Elizabeth to Derbyshire with Mr and Mrs Gardiner. Before that we had a lot of time to kill. We often visited Meryton, where the militia was situated. Soon Lydia stared forming a close friendship with ver Mrs Forster, Colonel Forster's wife. She had also started visiting her frequently which worried me and Elizabeth immensely. We decided before matters to get worse we needed to do something.

"What do you suggest we do?" Asked Elizabeth worried.

"I think we should talk to Lydia," I suggest.

"No! But if we tell papa first—."

"What if we talk to her then tell Mr Bennet! There is nothing to lose if we were to talk to her and put some sense into her head."

"You're right! Lydia!" Elizabeth screamed on top of her voice.

"What is it!" Lydia came annoyed with Kitty.

"Kitty can you give us a little privacy," Elizabeth asked she pulled Lydia aside. Kitty went away with a sour look on her face. "Lydia! You have to listen to us carefully!" Elizabeth started.

"Is it about Miss Kings?" She asks with a smirk on her face.

"Wickham is a gold digger who wants to marry Miss Kings only for her money!" I say.

"She tried to get him!" Lydia shouted.

"Lydia!" Elizabeth warned.

"Her dull looking face could not fool Mr Wickham!" She concluded.

"Mr Wickham is a fraud!" Elizabeth finally said. He..."

"Elizabeth!" I warned as not signal her not to tell about Georgia. He runs after money! And if he ever expresses interest in you, it not genuine!" I try to make her understand.

"You're just saying that because he isn't showing any interest in you!" "Lydia says irritated.

"Lydia! Don't talk to her in such a way!" Elizabeth scolds.

"I apologise Miss Woods," Lydia says ashamed.

"It's alright, but trust me Lydia—do you want love and happiness in your marriage?"

"Yea," she replies plainly.

"Then do not trust Wickham! He is a bad person!" Elizabeth emphasis.

"Alright," she says with a blank face.

"I trust you Lydia," Elizabeth says as Lydia exits "You think we should tell papa now?" Elizabeth asked still worried.

"I think we should wait till she gets the invitation to Brighton," I suggest.

I received a ledger from Jane which made me very anxious. Ever since I visited  her she felt distant. We were much closer before the Bingley debacle, but I don't blame her for such a reaction. I felt responsible for her not ending with Bingley and eventually choosing Collins.

Dear Aria,

I trust this letter finds you in good health. The contents of your recent communication were indeed surprising, and I have processed the revelation and hold no blame towards you for Mr. Bingley's actions. I understand that you neither intended nor encouraged such behavior.

While I appreciate your candor now, I must admit a sense of disappointment that such information was not shared with me immediately. Nevertheless, I hold no grudges and acknowledge that certain matters are complex.

I must, in turn, extend my apologies for not being entirely forthright about my experiences in Hunsford. My hesitation stemmed from a fear of harsh judgment. Let us dispel any barriers between us and start anew.