Chapter 33

Valeria's pov

I can almost guess what this conversation is about and of course that bitch stayed behind the door to listen. I turned to look at Lucas and crossed my arms.

"Valeria I want you to stay-"

"No." I interrupted him, I guessed right.

"What do you mean no? You must stay safe!" And now he dares to start yelling at me.

"I'm not going to stay hidden, I'm coming with you and the warriors. I can-"

"You're not coming along." Lucas said.

"And why not!?" I raised my voice.

"I want you to be safe! Why can't you believe me?" Lucas tried to convince me.

"Because I can take care of myself! This matter concerns me and I want to be involved in finding it out!" I answered.

"Why are you so stubborn!? You do as I say!" Lucas yelled and dared to growl towards the end.

"Besides, Evelyn said-" And now I'm angry.

"Evelyn? Always just Evelyn! Why are you listening to what she says! I know what I'm capable of! Sometimes I think you'd rather be her mate!" I yelled at him.

I saw Lucas start to get angry and his ego took another hit. He battled for control with Onyx for a moment until his eyes remained a hazel shade.

"Sometimes I wish I was! At least she obeys and respects me enough!"

I can't say that his words didn't hurt, but I certainly won't show it to him.

"What does Onyx say? I want to talk to him." I insist, but I'm not the only one who is stubborn in this relationship.

"Onyx has no say in this, so I blokked him. I am the Alpha and you obey me and stay safe here!" Lucas yelled at me.

"Alpha? In case you've already forgotten, I'm an Alpha too! And this is my pack too! I can-"

"YOU ARE TOO WEAK!"

Regret immediately appeared on Lucas's face and he tried to approach me.

"Valeria I-" I moved away from him and put my hand up to silence him.

The worst thing for an Alpha is to be considered weak, in a leadership position or not. Strength and protection of others is in our genes. Lucas thinks I'm weak and that I can't protect our pack, it's a hard blow for me especially since I'm also wolfless.

I turned my back on him. "Go."

"Valeria.."

"GO!" I yelled at him still without looking at him.

Lucas was silent for a long time until he sighed and went to the door.

"I'll gather the strongest warriors and we'll head to the rogue camp. I'm ordering Evelyn to watch over the apartment to make sure you stay safe here. She is one of the strongest warriors and I trust her."

I stared out the window and said nothing. I was so angry. I heard Lucas whisper that he loved me and left the room.

"You did the right thing Lucas, she's safe here." I could hear them talking on the other side of the door.

"Hopefully she will understand it too someday.." Lucas sighed.

Don't hold your breath.

"I'm gathering a group and we're going to ambush them right away. Their camp isn't close so the sooner we leave the better. Your father will also stay with the pack just in case." Lucas continued.

"Good luck on your journey Alpha." Evelyn said and something about the way she called Lucas Alpha annoyed me beyond measure.

"Good luck on your journey Alpha, you'll also need it when you return home." I muttered to myself and looked out the window as the warriors prepared to leave.

"Be careful.." I mindlinked them.

"Yes Luna!" Everyone answered and I sighed.

I hope everything will go well.