•Long distance calls

This is a brief insight of the calls exchanged between Sarfaraz and Altamash as both were best friends and attached at the hip

Please note that these call were made when Altamash had gone to America, almost two years into Sarfaraz's marriage.

These are recordings of some of the phone calls that were made among many. These recordings hold important aspect of Sarfaraz's part in the story and gives a view into his life as well. The part of life that hasn't been disclosed yet in the book. Appreciate this as Sarfaraz's POV.

-

Sarfaraz-

" Altamash, she puts in some effort thinking that it's a small part from her side but she does wonders for others. She's like that. And I've not seen anyone like Silah. She's wonderful altogether you know."

Altamash hummed.

" She has these big bright eyes. They sometimes follow me when I enter a room. And you know when they don't, then I make possible efforts that she notices me. She doesn't looks at me like everyone else does. She just makes me reflect on myself more."

Sarfaraz chuckled. He didn't know if he was making any sense to the man but he just wanted to let it all out.

" I've been nothing but a failure to her but-"

Altamash could sense the dejection in the man's voice.

" Sarfaraz-"

He drawled out only to be cut off.

" No Altamash no. Silah doesn't deserves any of this. She doesn't deserve a man like me. But how do I save her, man? How?"

Altamash remained quiet as he lit a cigarette. On this end of the world, Sarfaraz lit one as well. The men puffing out smoke silently.

" She marks her steps wherever she goes, you know. Like actually leaving some sparkle of herself behind. It's like she's poetry. She is a poem. Her fingers have this tremble whenever she talks seriously to me. And a little temper in her voice. Like a suppressed thought that she wants to mouth out. She puts her visions clear and mine too. She's determined about what she wants. It's shattering sometimes.."

His voice grew quite.

" Sarfaraz, it's late here now."

Altamash threw his cigarette into the ash tray carelessly.

" Uhm hm, thank you for listening."

" Hm."

" And I miss you."

" Me too."

" Bye."

" Uhm hm! Bye!"

-

Few months later.

" Where have you been?"

Sarfaraz's breath was laboured as he walked heavily. On the other end, Altamash sat up in his bed. His hand reaching towards the file before he flipped it and began reading.

" I've been busy in work. I've been struggling here for a while."

" You're very smart. And dedicated. I know you'll do great in life ahead."

Altamash chuckled.

" You've always had this trust in me that my parents didn't ever have."

Sarfaraz smiled. Tho they were of the same age, Sarfaraz always considered Altamash as a child. Probably because of the disturbed childhood Altamash had.

" I have my full trust in you."

Sarfaraz stated.

" Okay listen up, I've been wanting to do something for Silah for a while now. She does excellent baking and even gives lessons to the kids in our neighborhood. I am thinking of opening a baking school for her. I need some business advises."

Altamash closed the file.

" That's a great idea, I think.."

" I know right!"

" Uhm, what do you need my help with?"

" Um. I don't know where to start from?"

The men discussed all the possibilities about the business. The set up. The themes. The architecture. Everything.

" She'll be so happy."

" I am sure she would be."

Altamash sighed. His eyes looking at the bone colored moon that hung low at the sky.

" Sarfaraz.."

The man on the other end hummed.

" You're out with.."

" No."

Sarfaraz stated. His hand stilling over the door of his car.

" No, I've not been out with Gulnar for a while now. I've not met her. It's been months."

Altamash nodded to himself almost forgetting that the man couldn't see him.

" But you know what? Silah doesn't know. And whenever I try to tell her, she couldn't believe me."

He chuckled.

" She has this way of thinking. It's either this or that. There's no in between in her dictionary."

" Uhm hm."

" Altamash, she should have married someone like you."

Altamash stilled. His breaths halting.

" Someone who would have been able to save her. Because I am miserable at saving. I am barely able to save myself."

" Sarfaraz, don't say that. Silah doesn't think like that. She's not bounding you to save her."

" Uh huh, how do you know?"

Altamash's honey brown eyes cut to the moon again.

" I just have a feeling."

" Hmm."

-

6 months later

" Altamash! If you marry someone, make sure it's someone like Silah. Because that would be a perfect match. Perfect."

-

This quick fix of an update is presented in joy of my final exam getting postponed tomorrow.

Enjoy!