Departure

Disclaimer: I don't own anything besides the OCs. Overlord is owned by Enterbrain, Kugane Maruyama, and the anime is owned by Funimation and Kadokawa Pictures Inc. RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum (RIP). Please support the official releases.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WEAK ONES! I AM A HERALD OF THE GREAT ONE, SENT TO DELIVER A MESSAGE. LISTEN AND HEED THESE WORDS." The creature began, its voice a culmination of dozens. "HENCEFORTH, DEATH'S GAZE IS UPON YOU!" 

"So, we're picking up right where we left off?" Robyn asks.

"Yes, now will you please be quiet?" Sienna growls.

All of the lizardmen look on frozen in fear.

"THE GREAT ONE HAS MOBILIZED AN ARMY TO DESTROY YOUR PITIFUL RACE! NEVERTHELESS, YOU HAVE GRACIOUSLY BEEN GRANTED TIME TO ORGANIZE WHATEVER DESPERATE RESISTANCE YOUR KIND CAN PULL TOGETHER. EIGHT DAYS FROM NOW, DESTRUCTION SHALL DESCEND UPON THIS LAND, AND CLAIM YOUR CLAN AS THE SECOND OFFERING OF DEATH AMONG THE LAKE'S TRIBES." The creature explains.

This got Zaryusu's attention. "The second?"

"So they weren't the first to receive the message?" James said.

"And they most definitely won't be the last." Ozpin adds.

"OFFER YOU PATHETIC RESISTANCE, SO THAT THE GREAT ONE MAY TAKE DELIGHT IN YOUR FAILURE, AS HIS MINIONS CUT YOU DOWN. DEATH COMES IN EIGHT DAYS!" The messenger returns to the eye of the storm. "DO NOT FORGET!"

"Well... that certainly put the fear of death in me." Narrow nervously remarks.

"Yeah... I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now." Even Elm was afraid.

Nicholas scoffs "I thought the Atlas military was comprised of the elite, not some cowardly animals." 

A tick mark forms on Harriet's forehead. "I'd watch what you say old man or else I'm gonna rip your head."

"Hmph, I'd like to see you try brat. I have connections with the Atlas' council; one call and your life is over." Nicholas threatens.

Harriet goes for a shout but Clover reaches out and gives her a look, prompting the operative to stand down.

James glares down at the entire interaction. 'I have a lot of work to do when I return to Atlas.'

Meanwhile, Tyrian marvels at the scene, his tail waging back and forth as it slowly gains a metallic exoskeleton. He wonders how effective this would be if replicated on Remnant, he can imagine the fear and hopelessness on people's faces at the sight and smiles. 

He then turns to Salem and then to Jaune and evaluates which is more worthy to serve. 'Salem no longer desires to destroy the world, her thoughts now revolt around her makeshift family,' he then eyes Jaune 'the boy certainly has potential but he has to embrace it first. No problem, I am a patient man, I can afford to wait.'

The scene switches to show all of the Lizardmen sitting inside the chieftain's tent with the elders sitting on the far end.

"That was likely 4th Tier magic." The words "Green Claw Tribe - Head Priestess" appear over her head. "The spell is [Control Cloud]."

"... 4th Tier magic, huh?" Shasuryu remarks.

"Tier magic?" Clover asked.

"Tier magic is a magic system originally from YGGDRASIL. In the New World, the Six Great Gods utilized their power of Tier Magic to defend humanity from monstrous races. A century later, Tier Magic was introduced into the world's law of magic with more people beginning to adopt its system thanks to the efforts of the Eight Greed Kings. The magic itself is divided into ten tiers, hence the name." A list appears over the audience.