The Seer

Elizabeth returned to the castle after her near-death experience on the island. Though it showed her where her heart truly lies. She fell for the beautiful yet charming red-haired girl that saved her life more than once. Sam shared the same feelings knowing it wouldn't be easy, but Elizabeth was worth it.

Upon arriving back at the castle, Theodore greets them outside King Archie's bedroom door. He informs Elizabeth that her father fell asleep not that long ago, but she enters the room to check on him anyway. Theodore waits outside the door with Sam, and they make brief eye contact. When Elizabeth returns, she quietly closes her father's bedroom door behind her.

Elizabeth introduced Sam and Theo, before giving Samantha a tour of the castle. Showing her every room, while telling Sam about the memories within the castle walls. Elizabeth suddenly stopped in front of a door covered in spider webs and dust. She told Sam it was her mother's room, and only her mother had been in there.

"Even after all this time, no one entered the room. Not even the castle servants could unlock it." Elizabeth said as she touched the door handle.

Sam looks up and down the hallway, before kneeling to the ground and pulling the pin out of her hair. Elizabeth is too busy admiring Sam's hair, as it cascades over her shoulders and back like lava pouring from a volcano. She doesn't notice Sam using magic to unlock the door.

"Dimittis," Sam whispered as she closed her eyes.

Once the word is spoken, sending a spark of electricity through the entire door, both girls are sent flying backwards. As they hit the stone wall, they both let out groans, making them laugh. It echoed through the castle halls, even Theodore could hear them.

After making eye contact they both gasped. Elizabeth had a bruise on her cheek, and Sam's forehead was bleeding from a small cut. Elizabeth wipes away the blood with her thumb, and Sam hisses at the stinging pain. Elizabeth apologizes as she pulls her hand away, but Sam grabs her hand and pulls it closer to her face. For a moment they only saw each other, not the hallway, an opened door, or a curious Theodore standing around the corner watching them.

"Marry me, Elizabeth," Sam said while looking into Elizabeth's eyes.

Elizabeth was surprised by her words but gladly accepted the proposal, before closing her eyes and leaning in for a kiss. While they kissed Elizabeth opened her eyes, feeling like someone was watching them. She pulled away abruptly before looking around and noticing her mother's door was open.

"You used magic!" Elizabeth said after remembering how it happened.

"Don't pretend like you're so innocent, Princess," Sam said as she stood up. "If this was your mother's room, she was a witch, and so are you."

Elizabeth asked Sam how she knew, as Sam held out her hands to help Elizabeth stand up. She pulled her over to the door and pointed at the doorframe. Sam explained that when Elizabeth touched it, symbols lit up around it, but Elizabeth couldn't see the symbols. It wasn't until they found Elizabeth's mother's diary that they knew she had cast an incantation to keep Elizabeth from discovering the room. Only someone with magic could open it.

They close the door before taking the diary back to Elizabeth's room, hiding it under her bed to read later. The two of them stayed up all night, talking about a plan to convince her father to let them marry.

"If he doesn't allow it, you could always ask your friend Theo to fake a marriage with you," Sam joked.

The idea stayed in Elizabeth's head. If Theodore agreed, he would rule all of Nightingale, as Elizabeth adventures with Sam across the ocean. It sounds like a plausible plan. As soon as the sun rises the next morning, they walked around the castle searching for Theodore. After telling him of their plan, he hesitated for a few moments to think it through, before agreeing to marry Elizabeth.

He'd rather see his lifelong friend live happily with someone she truly loved, rather than be forced into an arranged marriage. After they informed the King of the marriage proposal, the elated King said he couldn't be more happy with Elizabeth's choice. Within a week the two were married, and they took off for the ocean.

Theodore tags along on the cruise, making it less suspicious. After Elizabeth and Sam share the kiss that binds them to marriage, Sam spins a globe while Elizabeth throws a dagger at it. Wherever the dagger lands determines their honeymoon location.

While traveling to Romania, Elizabeth read more of her mother's diary, though some pages had been torn out. One name kept popping up, Ramona Pembroke. No one in the kingdom has that name. While discussing it with Sam and Theo, someone overheard them speaking.

After swearing that he saw them conjure up some kind of portal to some dark and mysterious place, Elizabeth knew it was no coincidence that led her to this place, and asked for an address. He wrote it down in Elizabeth's mother's diary. They traveled to the location, where she met relatives of Ramona Pembroke.

After handing over her mother's diary to Rebecca Pembroke. She confirmed it belonged to Ramona, her cousin, after recognizing her handwriting. There was no doubt in the Pembroke family's minds that Elizabeth was one of them. They even stated Elizabeth resembled Ruby, Ramona's older sister.

Rebecca offers to take Elizabeth to a trusted friend of hers, who could shed light on the situation. Using their ancestors' magic, Elizabeth and Rebecca conjured a portal to the Underworld, where she meets a powerful seer named Savanna. After pricking Elizabeth's finger with a needle, a drop of blood dripped onto the crystal ball. Elizabeth then sees memories she didn't know she had of her mother, and the truth behind what truly happened is revealed.