Meeting the Bat Family

~Jason's POV~

Getting a clearer look of the girl I could see it was Marinette. I didn't remember who the blonde was though. We weren't expecting to be seen, so I didn't have an excuse ready.

"We were on patrol and saw two people fighting on a rooftop. Red Hood and I had to check it out to make sure everything was safe," Nightwing said.

"Hood working with the Bats? Something big must be happening in Gotham for that to happen," Marinette inquired.

There's a lot to this girl. In her files, we saw that she was brilliant for her age with already having enough credits to graduate last year, but this is something else. I think she knows more than she is letting on.

"Be nice Bug," the blonde said.

"What? Hood does his own thing most of the time, so something is up if he is in touch with the Bats."

"Did you stalk me to find out all that information?" I asked her in a teasing tone.

"If anyone is doing the stalking, it's you and Nightwing who usually is in Blüdhaven. Strange you're here too."

"Batman needed my help. He knew a class from a different country was staying in Gotham and wanted them to protected."

"Ha. I think most of us can handle ourselves after living in..." Marinette stopped herself.

"What Mari means is thank you for going out of your way to do this. Having someone watching our backs might come in handy. This is the most crime ridden city after all."

"Sure. What Adrien said." Marinette started walking closer looking me up and down. "Why do you call yourself Red Hood when you're wearing a biker helmet?"

"Why are you so interested in me?"

"Maybe I'm into bad boys," Marinette replied with a wink. "Or maybe it's because I'm into fashion. I'll let you decide which one is closer to the truth."

"Mari, I think you tortured the poor guy enough. You got your revenge for them spying," Adrien said grabbing her hand pulling her back.

"I'll listen to you this one time. We should get back to the room before they all wake up anyways. See ya around Nightwing. You too Red Bucket. It was a pleasure to met you," Marinette said giving me another wink before walking away with Adrien.

I am so glad that I am wearing my helmet or Dick would tease me for blushing. I think I'll believe Marinette is into bad boys more than fashion. It's a small ego boost.

"You are totally blushing under your bucket," Dick said with a smirk.

"Am not. Let's finish up and head back. Marinette was saying something before she stopped herself. They're hiding something," I replied.

~Marinette's POV~

"You're horrible," Adrien whispered as we entered Chloe's room.

"I couldn't help it. Hood started it, so I took it up a notch. Plus, he was totally blushing under his bucket. You can't say that isn't hilarious," I replied.

"You teased him so bad with your flirting."

"I left him speechless. It's my power. Now go take a shower. You stink."

"I was going to say the same about you."

~Jason's POV~

After a quick look over our part of the city, Nightwing and I headed back to the Batcave. Not long after, the rest of the team arrives.

"Anything happened out there tonight?" Batman asked.

I sent a quick glare Nightwing, now Dick since he was out of uniform, hoping it would keep him from opening his mouth.

"We went to the hotel like you asked and found two of the kids fighting on the rooftop," Nightwing started.

"It was the winner and her friend. They didn't say why though," I said cutting him off before Dick said anything stupid.

"But the girl did have a lot to say to Jason."

"Shut up."

"Oh I need to know now," Tim said the sleepiness no longer present.

"Marinette was trying to embarrass Jason since she saw us watching."

"Yup she called the two of us stalkers and that was it," I cut him off once more.

"Oh no. There was more. She started making fun of his name and outfit calling him Red Bucket. The best part was how she flirted with Jason to embarrass him further. I didn't need to see his face to know he was blushing. Marinette left him speechless."

"She did not. Her and the blonde left before I could say anything. But Dick left out the most important part of the conversation."

"I think embarrassing you was the most important part," Steph said.

"No. When Dick told Marinette the reason we were there was to protect them, she started saying something about how most of them don't need our protection after living in blank. She stopped mid sentence obviously hiding something."

"We already dug up as much as we could about them. The girl named Lila accused Marinette of bullying even though there was no proof. Looking at Marinette's record, it seems unlikely that she would go from the sweet girl everyone saw her as to a bully. Along with that and due to her essay, it also makes it hard to believe. The rest of the class seemed to pick sides. Marinette had also accused Lila of bullying, but it was quickly dismissed without an investigation. Tim and Barbara weren't able to get past the security Paris or even France has put in place. They are obviously hiding something, and we need to get to the bottom of it. Without raising suspicions, I want all of you to try to get more information," Bruce instructed.

I know it's shorter than the other chapters, but I think Marinette's flirting makes up for that.