GOLDEN CHAIN

I rushed to my bus stop. Fortunately, I was able to catch the bus. I met Karthik on the way. 'You take this bus every day?' he asked. 'It depends,' I said. 'On what?' he asked. 'Well, on when I wake up,' I replied with a smile. 'Oh,' he said and laughed. 'Why are you laughing? Is that even a joke?' I asked surprisingly. 'Well, you have no idea how much you make me happy,' he said. 'Bro, let's not make this complicated. I am fed up with rumors. I can't be in a relationship with you. I don't want to give you hope simply. The earlier it ends, the lesser will be the grievances,' I said. 'You don't have to give me an answer now. Please give me a chance,' he said. 'Hearing a rejection today is much better than hearing a rejection one year later right? So that you'll have enough time to adjust and move on,' I replied. 'Are you sure, your feelings won't change?' he asked. 'I am sure. I don't have that type of feelings for you,' I said. 'So do you have someone in your heart?' he asked. 'Of course, because she's mine. Stay away from her,' I heard him. 'Where did he pop up from?' I thought. 'Reyansh? So you both are in a relationship?' he asked. 'No,' I replied instantly. 'Not yet,' he said. 'What do you mean?' Karthik asked. 'Hey, we'll make it official soon. So don't put yourself in trouble by meddling in this matter,' he replied. And Karthik walked away with a sad face.

'Reyansh, that's too much. Even though you like me, you have no right to do this,' I said. 'Wait, do we have a confusion here? When did I say I like you?' he asked. I was shocked. 'Well, yesterday...' I couldn't continue because of the embarrassment. 'Yesterday? I did that because I promised you that I'll help you. Hey, don't tell me, you thought that post was my real feelings,' he said. 'Oh my God! So I was the one imagining things. This boy is always bad,' I thought. 'Rad, so do you have feelings for me? Now that I have told you everything was a lie, why do you look sad?' he asked. I was confused how to escape the situation. 'Yes, I do. But my feelings towards you are hateful. Do you hear that? I hate you,' I said angrily as I thought being angry was the best solution. 'Do you know that sometimes it's so hard to differentiate between love and hate? They say, hate is another form of love. You can't hate a person without the involvement of love,' he said. 'What nonsense?' I asked. 'And there's something more. Some people get angry when they can't clear things or when the other party is saying the truth,' he said. I couldn't stop giving him a shocking look as he was speaking the truth. 'See see... so you like me,' he said. 'Reyansh, don't be so full of yourself. If I like someone, I'll tell him directly. You know it better than anyone else. So don't simply assume and screw up,' I said. 'Gosh, why are you getting so serious? I was just kidding,' he said. 'I don't like to joke with matters like this. This is not funny,' I said. 'Oh no, what happened to my old Rad?' he asked. 'Reyansh...don't get on my nerves,' I said. He tickled me, and that was one thing I could least control. I couldn't stop laughing. 'Finally...you smiled,' he said. 'Gosh, don't behave inappropriately towards me. I am worried if someone will shoot us again,' I said. 'Why should we care?' he asked. 'You don't care. You have so many crazy fans. But I care. Because they all will turn against me. Plus, I am single. I don't want others to think I am committed. If I keep on being in the rumours, no guy would dare to date me,' I said. 'That's good then,' he said. 'Why? You don't like me dating?' I asked. 'I feel sympathy for that guy. That's all,' he said. 'Oh, don't be. Because I'll take the best care of him. You don't know how good I am once it comes to romance,' I said. 'Shaey, so you have been dating so many guys?' he asked. 'Don't utter nonsense. I didn't mean that,' I replied. 'Oh, it's just your imagination,' he said. 'I am already fed up with you. I am leaving, alright?' I said. I walked forward. But he grabbed my bag, saying 'don't go yet.' He forced me towards him and that scene would have looked like a back hug, to any third person. My heart started acting up. 'Reyansh...what the heck are you doing?' I asked. 'Why? Does your heart beat faster? Or do you feel butterflies in your stomach?' he asked. 'Butterflies...? My ass,' I said on kicking him.