Chapter Five - Rules

Ava

"I haven't introduce you to my wife. This is Clara, your new stepmom,." David said while looking at me and Lexi. We were eating in silence with small talks between the brothers and Lexi asking her questions-like your favorite colour, food, the usual-when David broke it.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you" Clara, my new stepmom said while beaming at us. "Hi I'm Alexis but you can call me Lexi" Lexi said while also beaming at her. Clara looked at me and that's when I realized I didn't introduce myself "hi I'm Ava. Nice to meet you too" I said while smiling lightly at her. I mentally pat myself in the back for not stuttering.

" I'm so glad to have girls in this house. I'm tired of these boys" there were a couple of 'hey's' when she said this. "And I can't wait to go shopping with you and do all girl stuff" she added "I can't wait too" Lexi said excited. That's another difference between Lexi and I. Lexi loves shopping. She can shop for hours and still not get tired while I don't like shopping that much. I can shop for five hours and that's between having breaks.

"If you are done eating your food, I want you to follow me to my office for some rules" David said while looking at me and Lexi. We stood up since we were done eating and followed after him to his office.

We went to the second floor where all the rooms were. We reached a door at the far end and stepped in. The room was painted in brown a light brown carpet, a couch was placed by the side of the room, there was a table with computer and papers scattered on top of it, behind the table was a spinning Chair. He went and sat down in the chair and folded his hands on top of the table. He pointed to two chairs-that I failed to notice-which were in front of the table and asked us to sit down.

"Since you are under my roof, I want you to follow the rules that I'm going to give you now. Do you understand" David said while looking at us sternly "yes" we chorused. He took a deep breath and started.

"Rule number one; always respect your brothers, stepmom and me.

Rule number two; always ask us if you want to go out and you must have one of your brothers with you.

Rule number three; never and I mean never go to the third floor." He said while looking serious about this rule. We both nod our heads.

"Rule number four; you must always come home before 8:00pm because your curfew is 8:00pm." "Wait!" Lexi interrupted before he could continue. "Can you please shift it to 8:30pm, please" she said giving him the puppy eyes. He sighed, "fine. Lexi's curfew is at 8:30pm while Ava's curfew is at 8:00pm."
"W..hy can't my cur..few be at 8:30 like L..lexi's " I stuttered while frowning. "Because I said so and Lexi is older than you" he said while glaring at me. By an hour. I thought.

"Rule number five; don't talk back when we are talking or interrupt us" he said while looking straight at me. I looked at the table while fidgeting with my fingers.

"That's all for now. Your brothers are going to take you shopping tomorrow for clothes and other necessities. You can go, I have some work to finish" we stood up and left the office.

We went to the living room and saw Justin on his phone, Dimitri and Damien discussing with Daniel and James nowhere to be found. "Where are James and Daniel" Lexi asked "they're in the game room" Justin answered still on his phone. "No way! You have game room" Lexi screeched. I winced because of her high pitched voice. Sometimes I find my twin to be very annoying. "Yeah, I can show you if you want" Justin said while finally looking up from his phone. "Yes" she said beaming at him. "Um.. can I come too" I ask them quietly. They turned to look at me. "Ur.. yeah sure" Justin answered unsure.

They started walking with me behind them. "Was your old house as big as ours" I heard him ask her. She shook her head "no our house is small compared to this one. With only five room. Two rooms, one guestroom and two toilets." He looked at her shocked "oh" he muttered "well, I hope you like our house" he asked her while coming to a stop at a door. We can hear shouts from the boys outside the room. "Like it. I love it!" She exclaimed "I'm glad you love it" he chuckled while opening the door and stepping in.

"Woah!" Lexi exclaimed when she stepped in. I entered too when they both went further into it. The room was as big as my room. There was a big TV which showed the game the boys were playing with a game console. I went further into the room and was met with bean bags and couches pushed to the side with a smaller TV. There was a fridge close to one of couches that Justin have just occupied.

"This room is amazing!" Lexi screamed "thanks" Justin said smiling lightly. "Take that f**ker!" James shouted at Daniel. "You cheated!" Daniel retaliate "no, you just suck at it." James replied smirking at him. "Wow, Can I play." I heard Lexi ask, holding a game console in her hand, now standing beside them. I was standing a little bit far from them rocking on the soles of my feet awkwardly. They both looked at her and started laughing even Justin was laughing at her. "Why are you laughing at me" she said while pouting. "These games aren't for girls." Daniel said in between laughs.

"Wait what's the time" he asked suddenly and stopped laughing. James checked his phone "it's 10:30pm, why" he started panicking "shit, shit, shit, shit" "what! Why are you panicking " Justin said panicking too "dad said Lexi should be in bed before 10:30. Cause tomorrow we are going shopping early, and you know how dad gets when we forget to do what he asked us to."he rambled to them "f**k!" They both whisper shouted.

"Lexi you need to go to your rooms before dad comes. Hurry!" We started running to our rooms. "Do you know the way!" Daniel whisper yelled at us "no" Lexi said "okay let me take you, but we have to be quiet." We started climbing the stairs and reached the floor our rooms were. "Thanks. Good night" Lexi said to him when we were at her door. "Night" he kissed her on the cheek, nodded at me entered his room-l think. "Nig-" I didn't finish talking when Lexi shut the door at my face. I sighed and went to my room.

I stepped in my room and realized I was still in my clothes in the morning. I showered changed into matching PJ shirt and short, shut the lights and was out like a light when my head hit the pillow.

That's was chapter five
Hope you liked it
Bye🙋🏻‍♀️