Chapter Six - Linda

AVA

I woke up to the birds chirping. What a wonderful way to start my day. I rhymed! I thought happily while opening my eyes.

I looked around the unfamiliar room wondering where I was. That's when it hit me. I was no longer in my childhood house with my stepdad, instead I was in my biological father's house with my brothers and my new stepmom.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand which showed it was 6:30 am. I was up early like usual. Living with John taught me how to always wake up early if I want to go to school without a bruised lip or bruised ribs.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I showered, brushed my teeth and washed my hair with a struggle. I really need a haircut. I thought. The last time I had a haircut was when I was six years. Now my hair looks dead and not fluffy. But I still like my hair. That's the favorite thing I like about my myself --- my hair. If I wash my hair and leave it to air-dry, it will be wavy and curly at the end, but now it doesn't curl at the end because I haven't been to the salon in years, but it's still wavy after it air-dry's.

I came out of the bathroom with a fluffy pink towel wrapped around me and went to my suitcase. I still haven't unpack yet, but I was thinking of doing it today. I rummage through my suitcase till I found a floral blue dress. I brought it out with my underwear that I found while looking for the dress and put them on. I put my flipflops on and was finally ready for the day. I looked at the clock and it was 7:03 am by now so I went downstairs.

I passed Lexi's room and decided to check on her. I opened her door and saw her sleeping, so I decided to leave her. I continue my way downstairs and went to the kitchen.

When I stepped in the kitchen, I saw a woman who had her back to me and was cooking something. "Um..hi?" I made my presence known. She turned around upon hearing my voice and faced me. "Well hello" she said while smiling at me. "What's your name dear" she said still smiling "m..my name is Ava" I said while stuttering in the beginning and smiling lightly at her. "What a lovely name you have"I blushed at her comment "aren't you just cute and adorable" she said cooing at me making me blush more "oh my name is Linda. I'm the maid that cook food for your family and I'm the head of the maids in the house. What would you like to eat dear" she explained with a kind smile on her face. "Anything is fine thank you. Can I help you cook" I said while rocking on the soles of my flipflops. "Don't worry dear, I'm almost done. Just sit down ok" I didn't even realize I was standing until she pointed it out.

I went and sat down on the kitchen counter with the help of a small stool 'cause I was too short to climb it by myself.

Linda chuckled at me, I huffed and blew away my bangs from my eyes. I studied her while she was cooking. She seems to be in her fifty's. She has blond hair with a few gray hair and brown eyes. She's a little bit taller than me, maybe around Lexi's height or shorter.

"What are you making" I asked her swinging my legs. "I'm making pancakes, bacon and eggs, sandwich and some fruits" "that's a lot of food" I said. She chuckled, "I have to make lots of food because the boys eat a lot."

"Can I ask you a question" "sure dear" "when did you start working here" "about ten years ago" my jaw dropped "ten years ago" she nodded her head while rummaging through the fridge. "Um.." I hesitated to ask her my next question "you can ask me whatever you want dear" she said while keeping the juice she found in the fridge and holding my hands "did..did you know my mom" her face softened when I ask her this question.

"Yes I knew your mom. She was a beautiful lady with a kind heart" she said with a faraway look on her face like she was remembering my mom. "You look so much like your mom dear" she said putting her palm on my right cheek and rubbing it slightly "Really" she nodded "really" I smiled at her. "You are just as kind as your mother" she removed her hand from my face and went out of the kitchen. It's not everyday that I meet someone who knows my mom and says I look like her.

I heard voices in the dining room and saw Linda coming in to the kitchen with maids--- I think 'cause they were wearing uniform --- trailing behind her and carrying the food Linda prepared.

"Ava" I looked at Linda when she called my name "mostly everyone is already at the dining room aren't you going there" I jumped down from the counter and dusted my dress. "I'm going now" I smiled at her lightly and left the kitchen.

When I reached the kitchen I saw everyone sitting except dad --- I've decided to start calling him that --- Damien and Dimitri. They were sitting down like yesterday night, so I sat down where I sat too --- beside Daniel and opposite Lexi.

They were all chatting with each other, so the table was noisy. After awhile the absentees came to the dining table all wearing suits and sat down. Immediately they sat down everyone stopped talking. "Morning everyone" David greeted, kissing Clara on the cheek. There was series of 'morning' around the table.

The maids started arranging foods on the table. Everyone started eating and the table was back to being noisy again. I silently continue to eat my food feeling lonely.

Hi guys🙋🏻‍♀️it's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm back

That's the sixth chapter!
Hope you liked it
Buh-bye🙋🏻‍♀️