Ch 04: Layford Kingdom and Adventure Registration

---This chapter is Written by Void-King---

___________

The Layford Kingdom is said to be a neutral country that respects other races, such as the Beast Kin, Elves, Dwarves, and other non-human races.

The kingdom is also well-known as the Country of Adventures because 38% of adventurers around the world operate in this kingdom. This is due to the Forest of Chaos, where many adventurers go to earn money by killing monsters.

However, entering the forest doesn't mean they have unlimited access. Adventurers ranked E and F are only allowed to enter the Green Zone, which means the monsters in this area are weaker than those further inside the vast forest.

Adventurers with the rank of D, C, and B can venture into the Yellow Zone, where monster activity is considered high and the danger level increases.

The highest level zone is the Red Zone, which only adventurers ranked from A to S can enter. This place is considered the most dangerous zone that humans have managed to explore.

However, there is another zone that no one has managed to reach called the Black Zone. It is the deepest part of the Forest of Chaos, and once a person steps into this zone, they are basically signing their own death certificate.

***

Entering the Layford Kingdom is not that bad since the guards only ask for an identification card. If a person doesn't have one, they will need to check if the person has any criminal records using a Magic Ball. If the person is clear, they will be given a temporary identification that will last for three days.

If a person is visiting for the first time, they are free to enter the country without any charge. That is exactly what happened to me. The guards gave me a temporary identification card, and if I want to get a permanent one, I have to register with either the Adventurers Guild or the Merchant Guild.

There is also an option for the nation to issue an identification card, but that is not one of my options.

While looking around the vast city, I could see stalls lined up next to each other, with vendors selling their own products here and there. I could also see that some people were looking at me as if they saw some sort of celebrity.

"Standing out is the last thing I want," I said to myself and continued to look for the Adventurers Guild while ignoring the stares from the crowd of people.

After a while, I found a building with a sword and shield on it, and at the bottom, it said Adventurers Guild. Once I entered the guild building, I could see multiple adventurers. Some of them were drinking and celebrating the completion of their quests for the day, while others were looking at the quest board.

I entered, and like outside, the people in this building were staring at me.

'Damn it, can you guys stop staring at me? It's giving me the creeps.'

Ignoring the stares, I walked in front of the reception table and asked the receptionist, "Excuse me, I would like to register as an adventurer."

"Ah... sorry, adventurer registration, right? Please fill out this form," the lady said and gave me a form to fill up.

The form wasn't much since it only asked for my name, age, magic that I could use, and my class. After I filled it out, I gave it back to the reception lady.

"Let's see, you are Ariana, age 17, magic: all, class: magic swordsman. I see, eh? Wait, you can use all types of magic?" the lady asked, and I only nodded.

"You know it's bad to lie."

"I'm not lying." To prove my point, I created a small ball that represented all of the elements, and once the lady saw this, she turned pale as if she had seen a ghost.

"I... I see, I'm sorry for doubting you. It's just that we've never heard of anyone who could use all magic elements. You might have been blessed by all the gods," the lady said.

Well, I'm a god myself, so even if they don't bless me, I'm still capable of using elemental magic.

"It's Fine I'm Use to it" I said to the lady and she continues to process my registration.

After a few minutes, the lady brought a magic ball and explained that it would measure my magic power. In order to not make any more scenes, I toned down my magic power to the lowest level possible. But it backfired, as the magic ball glowed in rainbow colors, indicating that I had a very large magic power or mana.

It shocked the reception lady once again, and I could hear murmurs from the adventurers who were watching.

"Well, here is your guild card. You can rise in your guild rank if you manage to complete guild quests, and every quest you do will be recorded and rewarded. Failing to complete a quest will lead to penalties, and it could also result in the retraction of your guild card if you fail too many quests without any valid reason."

"Thank you," I said and took my guild card. I went to the quest board to see if there were any quests that I could complete.

While I was looking at the quests posted on the board, three men with muscular builds approached me.

"Hey... hey... little miss, you're new, aren't you?" one of the men asked me.

"Yes, I am," I replied.

"Why not join our party? We could help you rank up faster, and maybe we could also have a little fun," the man said, and lick his lips.

Eww, gross. I could see the lust in their eyes. Sorry, man, I'm not interested in mating with bastards like all of you.

"Sorry but I have no interest in joining a  Party with three idiot" I said and I could hear some people holding their laughter, I could also see that The three Idiot having a Veins in their head.

"Huh...Sorry little Miss, but you have no right to reject us," the man said as he grabbed my shoulder.

Instinctively, I grabbed his hand and threw him towards the wall of the building.

"You..." The other guys also tried to attack me, but I was faster than them, and I gave them a beating.

"Listen, if you three still value your lives, run away now," I said, looking at the three who were cowering in fear.

"Hmph, I hate idiots," I said and returned to the quest board. After a while, I found two quests that I could complete, and they also paid quite a lot.

Those quests were herb gathering and goblin hunt. I then registered them at the reception table and headed out of the city to complete the quests.

***

In the Forest of Chaos, a group of knights was there, searching for something. With them was a man wearing noble clothing.

"Find any trace of my sister," the man ordered, and they continued to search for the trace they were looking for.

"Young Master, please look at this," one of the knights brought him a piece of clothing drenched in blood.

"No, this can't be," the man said as he recognized the piece of clothing.

"Ariana-nee-chan!"

"ACCCCKKK!"

Before the man could think any further, they heard some of the knights scream. When they looked at the source of the screams, they saw a Bladed Mantis, and impaled on one of its mandibles was a knight.

"Retreat, everyone!" the commander of the knights said, and he also dragged the young man out of the forest.

---End---